Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Ricciardo was ahead in turn 1 and ran wide , Rosberg retook but did not leave enough room for Ricciardo to rejoin

Some say Rosbeg said have gotten a penalty but did not

Since when does a driver have to leave enough room to allow another to rejoin?

Not sure he left the track mind but he did go off the racing line.

Ricciardo made a very irregular move, Rosberg maintained his line (so he says). How that's 1. a chop and 2. his responsibility to allow Ricciardo to correct himself is beyond me.

Rosberg saw him go off so it is his responsibility if he is going to be ahead off him to leave Ricciardo enough room to rejoin in a safe manner.
So if there was a wall there are you saying Rosberg should squeeze him closer the wall ?

Lewis seems to feel the need to go all out at the first possible opportunity, it's lead to some clumsy incidents and someone needs to tell him to be more patient.
I totally agree, his day wasn't ruined by the bad start it was [in the end comparatively] ruined by the untimely attempt on Rosberg. He does seem to feel that he needs the place back instantly and we've seen this a couple of times in his career. Of course many times he'd pulled it off and everyone's stared in amazement but today simply wasn't the right time and the chips fell as they would from there. I feel bad for Nico today, he drove a good race other than pulling over a smidge on Ricciardo. I thought his comment "it was my corner" said it all.

I think Nico could have been a little more circumspect; it may not have been his fault per se, but had he stayed completely out of Ricciardo's way, then he was 14 Championship points up on what actually happened.

Rosberg saw him go off so it is his responsibility if he is going to be ahead off him to leave Ricciardo enough room to rejoin in a safe manner.

You sure about that?

So if there was a wall there are you saying Rosberg should squeeze him closer the wall ?

If there was a wall there Ricciardo would have been in it before colliding with Rosberg. So he probably wouldn't have made the move in the first place.

I'm open to being wrong on this but you're somehow convincing me more that I'm not. Thought it would go the other way to be honest.

I think Nico could have been a little more circumspect; it may not have been his fault per se, but had he stayed completely out of Ricciardo's way, then he was 14 Championship points up on what actually happened.

That, I agree with.

Hamberg It was a banzai move from Ricciardo but he never left the race track so it's not a case of Rosberg not leaving enough room for him to rejoin. The initial move was very aggressive but after that Rosberg had a clear view of Ricciardo on the outside line but cut across him too quickly anyway.

Hamberg

IF that was Maldonado chopping Ricciardo we would all be going its Pastor again being accident prone/ reckless

Ricciardo was rejoining , Rosberg squeezed him too much .. he did not need to to stay ahead

I am saying if there was a wall that Ricciardo was trying to avoid , you would think Rosberg should not leave more space then

Not sure he left the track mind

sushifiesta I didn't claim he did, that's Il_leone following that line. I was questioning his view on the driver on track being responsible for driver off track to rejoin.

Did he have a clear view at that angle? I was amazed Ricciardo kept in on the track given he braked too late.

I don't believe Rosberg had any duty to Ricciardo in that situation given Ricciardo chose to make a banzai move. Rosberg did let principles **** up his own race though.

I'm not blaming Ricciardo either, I love that kind of aggression!

Last edited:
For me Ricciardo would be to blame if there was contact on the entry to the corner or if he had left the circuit. As the contact was on the exit at that point it's like Rosberg has become the overtaking driver - Ricciardo is holding his line on the outside, Rosberg is much faster and would have made the (re-)overtake were it not for moving across Ricciardo's line too quickly.

Back
Top Bottom