McLaren Duet 2015

Who will be to drive McLaren 2015? (choose the duet)

• Alonso

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • Button

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Magnussen

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Vandoorne

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 14.07.08.png

teabagyokel F1Yorkshire Mephistopheles Lego is one of the biggest toymakers in the world . I see it as desperation on Ron's part to get a toymaker into F1

If that was the case then when don't gety Tyco or Scalextric to sponsor F1 teams seeing there is more correlation because that what gets boys interested in motor racing not Lego

Last edited:
Incubus

Ahh but F1 was popular because there were games like Senna Super MOnaco GP, Nigel Mansell world championship and the sponsor was not out of place as it was blue and white of Sega - matching traditional Williams colours. Remember Sega I think were sponsoring the European GP at Donington

What are Mclaren's traditional colours ? and what are Lego's traditional colours which actually fits the scheme of a certain Italian team

tobacco companies it was something that F1 had not seen before in branding them in colours of sponsors rather than national country colours until Lotus started doing it

It came along at a time when F1 was going global.. Hunt apparently reimaged Marlboro with his rebel attitude. They were the first companies to take advantage of the potential money in F1 seeing just about every other sport bans advertising of it

Last edited:
But you are inferring that big teams would turn up their noses at whoever sponsored them according to the nature of their business, toys or otherwise and I think that's highly unrealistic.
If the money's there no team would turn it down, and they wouldn't give a toss whatever product it would be they're advertising, providing there's no conflict of interest.
Even Enzo Ferrari, who'd previously made a point of refusing any offer of sponsorship from non-automotive related suppliers eventually gave in when the Marlboro money came along.

Last edited:
McLarens traditional colour was orange wasn't it ?? Just because they are best remembered for driving around in the colours of a packet of ciggys doesn't make it tradditional. I don't think teams look to link their sponsorship deals with the colour of the car. I would suspect it's the other way around. So that being said, the red and white logo of Lego would surely fit the best remembered red and white McLaren. Add to the fact that Honda raced in a red and white colour scheme and you got yourself a winner.

I reading that Movistar could be the team sponsor for Mclaren

We might see the early Mclaren livery or just an orange livery at tomorrow's media event

Going back to Lego I'd say Ferrari would be its biggest seller because of the matching colours and the tradition

Maybe it's because he wants to be able to give his new drivers a ring and let them know they've got the job but doesn't want to pay too much to phone Denmark ??

Back
Top Bottom