Current Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by FB, Jan 13, 2015.

1. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Verstappen heads to Formula E... for public service detail - Pitpass.com

Gee- How they be so harsh on poor old well-mannered Max?:rolleyes: THAT will teach him!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. siffert_fan

Featured Threads:
  4. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

Cough *Bottas* Cough.

5. siffert_fan

Featured Threads:
    Cough * top driver* Cough.

6. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

Cough *youragendaonHamilton* cough

7. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Cavonia.

Very good for coughs.

8. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    A driver says another driver only won because of their car? *Falls down flabbergasted*

This has only happened in the close season every single season I have ever watched in F1. Seriously every year and every champion since 1990 has been accused of only winning because of the car. Not one exception.

Senna 90? Car
    Senna 91? Car
    Mansell 92? Car with bells on
    Prost 93? Car car car
    Schumacher 94? Car had active suspension
    Schumacher 95? Car
    Hill 96? Car
    Vilenurve 97? Car
    Hakeinen 98? Car
    Hakeinen 99? Schumacher broke leg...(and car)
    Schumacher 00 to 04? Car and cheating
    Alonso 05 - 06? Best car
    Kimi 07? Fix due to racism
    Hamilton 08? Fix and car
    Button 09? Car!
    Vettel 10 - 14? So much car that grown men have hate campaign against him
    Hamilton 15? Car
    Rosberg 16? So much car Indy Car drivers mock it
    Hamilton 17 - 18? Car car car car car.

My only conclusion is that all F1 drivers are in fact rubbish and without assistance couldn't even get it lined up straight in a family parking spot in Tesco.

What we need is Robots

Andyoak and sobriety like this.
  9. siffert_fan

Featured Threads:
    There are two big differences between now and the previous eras:

1. The current rules have enshrined the Mercedes advantage by limiting development, primarily of the power unit, to a degree never seen before in the sport.

2. The budgets have ballooned to the point where only manufacturers have a prayer of being competitive. Compare the defense-program-sized budget of Mercedes to, say, the Williams of the late 90s, or even Ferrari in the Schumacher era. The Cosworth era budgets would be laughable today. Why do you think Williams and McLaren can't compete? Did they suddenly become totally inept?

10. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Whilst I'm not saying you're wrong the 'other eras were different from now' and 'its never been like this in the sport' arguments have also been around for as long as I've been watching. If it's not driver aids it's traction control, if it's not traction control it's the close relationship with the FIA, if it's not close relationship with FIA its blown diffuser.

It's the same song, with the same beat but just a slightly different instrumental.

11. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    The intro to Autocourse in 1980, the year Alan Jones won the title, has a wonderful article entitled "Does the driver matter anymore?". Plus ca change

12. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

That's correct. Damage caused to the series is yet to be fully assessed and appreciated.

Generalizing highly complex topics to provide an ecological/geographical determinist view of F1 checkered history perhaps should be avoided because it doesn't adequately explains all facts, and overly simplistic account ultimately results in false understanding of it.
    are Williams and McLaren then suddenly inept? I will be beaten up for this, but no, its not suddenly, but most likely yes, they are inept. Williams had Mercedes, McLaren had Mercedes, and compare them to other teams. It's not just power unit which makes them what they became, and answer is complex beyond what I would be able to assess, yet it keeps me suspicious, that both teams lacking top shelve personnel. When Honda left, and McLaren become an emperor without cloths, suddenly we know that they have more problems on the table. Andreas Seidl is pretty smart guy, but I doubt that he will be able to change prevailing corporate culture, and I think he will be lucky if he can escape later with his good name intact.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  13. Grizzly

Grizzly Bear Contributor

Verstappen to Mercedes. You heard it denied here first, by denial royalty Mercedes chief, McBain!

McBain! had "quite a laugh" over reports of Verstappen talks

14. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Mr Wolff playing media games again. He's even better at then than Fernando now days.

15. Grizzly

Grizzly Bear Contributor

Maybe he learned from the best? No, sorry, that cant be right because they've never spoken to each other before and they confirmed this is a joint interview where they were talking together about their fond memories of not talking to each other before.:dizzy:

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice