Current Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by FB, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    What needs to happen is Max needs to be ban from races for that sought of driving . Then Red Bull will need to promote someone to fill his shoes .

Now what if that was Kyvat who would then go on and win the race . That would shut Max up a little

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    But would never happen because Kvyatt is, well, you know.

4. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If it was anyone else who didn't quite give enough room, got a penalty and moaned on the radio then hardly anyone would bat an eyelid. Because it's Max a lot of people say 'Ban him! Brat! Petulance!' As if others wouldn't moan in his position.

5. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    vintly - it's not the moaning; it's not even that he got a penalty in Monza; it's that he constantly moves around in the braking zone when he is being overtaken. One of these days, he will have an aeroplane style accident!

Chasz likes this.
  6. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    The calls of petulance and brattishness are I think because of moaning. No one called Schumi a brat when he was decidedly dangerous on many occasions on the racetrack, they called him something much worse. At least I did.

In this instance Max moved back toward to the racing line after his block, which is permitted. He just moved too far by a matter of inches, collected Bottas and paid the price.

Calls to ban him are laughable, driven by a desire to fit his behaviour into the type of person some people have decided he is.

Clay likes this.
  7. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Lots of people called Schumacher a brat. He had it far worse than Max did. He was universally hated and called a cheat.

8. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

For me Max acted like a spoilt kid yesterday. I do understand him wanting to keep Bottas behind him after getting the penalty he didn't feel he deserved. I might have even done the same thing myself just because, what was wrong was when the team told him that fighting Bottas was allowing Vettel to get within the five second penalty window. He said he didn't care.

Well he should damn well care, that means he's losing both himself and the team championship points which could be valuable later in the year. He's also handed Vettel 2 extra points which could have alter the drivers world championship potentially, and all because he was in a snit. I know he's still young but he's been in F1 a while now, it's time to grow up and stop acting like a stroppy teen when he gets told off for being a naughty boy on the track.

Better still, he needs to stop making those potentially dangerous moves as well, but that is perhaps less likely to happen anytime soon based on yesterdays performance.

gethinceri likes this.
  9. Clay

Clay Test Driver

Amen.

vintly likes this.
  10. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I wonder why he would say this:

Verstappen: F1's penalty points belong 'in the bin'

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  11. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    He is winning the penalty points championship. he should be happy he is winning something.

F1 Penalty Points - The F1 Stat Blog

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 14.03.16.png

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice