Max Chilton

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Il_leone, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

What you don't realize is that it is only a two foot drop the other side of that wall..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Devastating grid drop penalty for Chilly.:shocked:

4. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Whilst the accident was Chilton's fault I have sympathy for him as in actual fact he just dropped the car coming in to turn 3 and slud straight into his team mate. If he'd done it on a normal lap he'd have just spun and that would have been it.

Once again we have a driver get a penalty for a driver error which is a worrying president. To me a penalty should be if a driver causes an avoidable accident. That for me was a racing accident. Max's fault and unlucky for Bianchi but thats what racing is.

soccerman17 likes this.
  5. Mephistopheles

Is "Slud" a real word?

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  6. Mephistopheles

Actually I agree Max lost control there was nothing he could do to avoid hitting his teammate there was no intent and it was on the first lap plus he has been squeaky clean up until now and generally speaking penalties are not handed out for first lap incidents such as this and so all in all a harsh decision by the stewards in my view not that it will make any difference to his next race..

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  7. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    It is now. Lets use it as often as we can and see if we can get it in the dictionary.

Mephistopheles and Tuscan1969 like this.
  8. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Mephistopheles have you seen where Chilton has been qualifying lately? It could well make a difference to his next race.

gethinceri likes this.
  9. Mephistopheles

Yes the lad has been constantly quicker than his highly regarded teammate and people used to call him a joke.

Titch and gethinceri like this.
  10. soccerman17

soccerman17 Race Winner

Agree 100% with RasputinLives it was simply a driver error. No malicious intent, and ruining his race and his teammate's is punishment enough.

11. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    You yourself once called him S***. ;)

He does seem to be quietly gaining a bit of respect doesn't he? Almost Pedro Diniz-esque.

He would prob have sneaked into Q2 but for the red flag in canada quali.

12. Bill Boddy

Yes but Mephistopheles has said that about every driver. Chilton has improved with the car; he will never be a driver who just jumps in the car and drives it straight away even if it is poor, but give him a good car and he will make a good go of it.

gethinceri likes this.
  13. Mephistopheles

That's true I've even said that Button is shit at one time or another..

14. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Yet to be convinced, BIA got past him by turn 4 in Canada too!

15. Mephistopheles

Not for long he didn't..LOL

16. Bill Boddy

This afternoon Chilton got to the head of the timesheets five minutes into FP2. Yes, there were other drivers on the circuit, the commentators on the Beeb seemed to miss it although they did say after it was over that it had only been for a few seconds; in point of fact it was at least a minute. He also finished the afternoon session 50 milli-seconds quicker than his well thought of team mate.

Not bad for a pay driver.

gethinceri likes this.
  17. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Interesting times for Chilton from this point. He's going to have to lead a pretty traumatised team in the next couple of races, and it'll be interesting to see how he comes out of it. I hope Damon Hill is available on the phone somewhere...

gethinceri likes this.
  18. Mephistopheles

Just how rich is the Chilton family?

teabagyokel and Jos the Boss like this.
  19. Jos the Boss

Jos the Boss Champion Elect

Max Chilton is still driving, that's answer enough

20. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Mephistopheles His family or his dad is the chief of AON insurance and they are from Reigate which is a very affluent - middle class area

One other note the Driving simulator place are supporters of Marussia so clearly its because of Max

21. Mephistopheles

I only asked because there has been some talk of the Chilton's buying out Marussia and they finance their other son in touring cars, so they must have a few bob knocking around..

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice