Le Mans Le Mans and the WEC

Don't know what equipment you use Greenlantern101 but sticking the auto mode into shutter priority should sort that and, hopefully, give you pin sharp images of the cars if they are moving. If you go for a low ASA it will force the camera to open up the aperture, further reducing the depth of field. My Nikon D90 can only go as low as 200 ASA but other cameras offer a slower speed.

Four weeks and counting down!

This really should be a great year at the 24 hour, with Toyota and Porsche joining the fray. Being a virtually life-long Porsche fan, my loyalties are divided because I think Joest is the best team ever at Le Mans,

Thank goodness we had decided to attend over a year ago. We leave for France in 2 weeks, and I can hardly wait.

Duval won't be allowed to race despite having only scratches on his arms and legs.

His even being alive speaks volumes about how well the Audi "survival cell" of a cockpit works. It also astonishes me how many gs the human body can withstand, as I imagine he was subjected to a LOT of gs.

They do build these cars well don't they. They always look more dramatic as the car is supposed to fall to bits on impact to diminish the load but the driver must still get a fair old hit. Do Audi have a replacement they can use or do the other two drivers have to double stint?

Marc Gene is taking Duvals place. Audi expect to have the car repaired / replaced in time. I guess Germany isn't to far away to get the parts.

According to motorsport.com, Audi put together a completely new car around a new tub they had on hand. The efficiency of that team is amazing!

I will never forget their performance at Sebring back in the days of the R8. The gearbox had a problem, so in something like two minutes, they removed everything from the gearbox back, including the entire rear suspension which was on a subframe attached to the gearbox, and installed a new gearbox and rear suspension, which was already had the correct settings!! Of course, the next year, they changed the rules so the gearbox had to be rebuilt, rather than replaced.

screenshot.96.jpg

The number 1 Audi crashed again yesterday. The way it is going, I'm not sure even Kristensen will be able to compensate for the bad luck the car seems to be saddled with this year. However, I will never underestimate what the man can do behind the wheel.

Goodness me, what a lucky boy.

The race is looking well set, Audi tortoises with Toyota and Porsche hares?

In the warm up they quoted Tom Walkinshaw that your need 3 tries at Le Mans to win it. If Porsche get a podium it will be a fantastic result and isn't this Toyota's third try?

It is Toyota's third try of their current programme - though they tried and failed in both the 1980s and 1990s. I think Peugeot won at their third attempt. Audi at the second, but there wasn't as much opposition back in 2000.

If Porsche get either car to the end of the race it will be a fantastic result given the complexity of the cars now. If they do, they have an even chance of it being on the podium, I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom