Le Mans Le Mans and the WEC

Aren't Porsche and Audi part of the same company? It will be interesting to see how this cars goes next season and how long it takes before Webber breaks it.

New LMP3 class for 2015. Good looking car that.
http://t.co/GqOOqyXnGp
screenshot.23.jpg

Interesting, albeit somewhat Batmobile-like, design. It hardly looks as thought there is room for the engine, particularly when you view the profile shot on the website.

I looked at the driver list and a couple of names stuck out:

Stefan Johansson, because he was in F1 so long ago he raced for Onyx.
Lucas di Grassi, in the #1 Audi! Hope he doesn't crash on the lap to grid.
Fabien Barthez, because I honestly thought he was a footballer. (It is that Barthez, by the way!)

Ordonez is in the 56th entry, an Xbox attached to wheels?

teabagyokel A quick wikipedia search tells me it is indeed the same Fabien Barthez. He still does not have hair. How peculiar. But Patrick Dempsey races sports cars, and not just as a hobby. He is very competitive, I think fourth at Le Mans last year, and says he would quit acting to race full time if he could. And Brian Johnson from AC/DC raced a Daytona Prototype in the 2012 24 Hours of Daytona. Not very quickly though. If only we could get Jay Kay a drive at Le Mans!

Just need to look at the top gear star in a car time sheets to see who has both the money and ability to compete.

Tom Cruise, Simon Cowell, Micheal Fassbender, Peter Jones and Jay Kay as previously mentioned.

All have the funding and ability for Le Mans. Maybe a celebrity team is in order!

Back
Top Bottom