Kimi Räikkönen

Probably one of the coolest drivers ever to grace F1 alongside James Hunt.

His part life-style may not have been to some teams liking in F1 but you can't deny that Kimi was probably one of the best drivers on the grid from 2003-09. He should have won more championships than he did!

Kimi won his one and only F1 Championship in 2007. Kimi won 18 races, 16 pole positions, scored 62 podiums and claimed 35 fastest laps in his time in F1.

Kimi is probably the must unluckiest driver to ever grace F1 and the amount of retirements he had no fault of his own were lots.

Kimi won his first GP in 2003 winning the Malaysian GP and he claimed his last victory in F1 at the 2009 Belguim GP.

Kimi started his F1 career in 2001 driving for Sauber, he then went on to drive for Mclaren and Ferrari before quitting the sport in 2009.

Kimi produced probably the 2 most funniest moments to happen in F1 over the last 10 years, when he said :censored: at the Brazilian GP in 2006 when Schumi first retired from F1 and the other one at the Malaysian GP where the race was red flagged and he went to the garage and got into shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and started eating ice-cream.

Whether you liked him or not you can't deny his talent, he produced one of the comebacks of the past 10 season by starting near the back of the Japan GP in 2005 and went on to win it! Probably one of his best race wins in F1.

Did you like Kimi or Not?

I reckon Kimi is gonna paste Alnoso's ass to the wall, I mean he's gonna tear him a new one, sorry I mean he's gonna knock his socks off.

Okay in plain English I believe Kimi will totally own Alonso and Alonso will be feeding from the scraps Kimi allows him to have...

Oh Yes....

Last edited:
I think Kimi will pootle along as number 2 showing the occasional flash of what he'd be capable of if he bothered to try whilst thinking about that lovely pile of money he has in his trailer.

That's the price you though. Renault went for reliability/ consistency whereas McLaren went for outright pace when they developed the car. I am sure Renault could have made their car faster if necessary but they will have probably suffered more reliability issues just like McLaren.

It is arguable that 2005 was decided by the decisions of driver choice; pick someone who presses the "5 times a race" boost button 19 times in a lap, or the archetypal point-gatherer. Pick someone who injures himself playing tennis then crashes at increasingly bizarre junctures, or some slow guy who nonetheless finishes most races?

I think it all depends on the marginality of the cars, but back then Alonsichella was the right choice.

I do think that Raikkonen is driven by his mood. He is a brilliant driver, if the fancy takes him. Middle of the road, when he's bored/angry, or just lost interest.

Be very interesting to see if Kimi can up his game as he appeared totally off it this race. Maybe the old dog is going to take a while to adjust to the new formula?

He wasn't doing too badly considering where he started from until his lock-ups. Since Alonso had some as well it could well be the car, not the drivers.

Back
Top Bottom