Jenson Button

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by HammydiRestarules, Aug 8, 2011.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    So Mark Webber has decided to bad mouth Jenson a bit. Well. That what this article suggests. It seems a slight bit of character though so I wonder if it's 'Australian' humour taken out of context.

Why Mark Webber isn't happy about Jenson Button's F1 comeback

Hope so. Otherwise he's being a dick. It could just all be part of his new role as Alonso's PR manager. I dunno.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

I had a chuckle. It's partly true, he'll probably retire on lap 17, if he doesn't crash out before.
    The last part of the article is weird though, the team decides who to run in testing not the driver, he is fit, he'll have three practice sessions on a unique track and McLaren have an excellent simulator, therefore I don't see much of an advantage of testing the car four weeks prior the GP.

4. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, Webber is just being a swallowing jizzgargler.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  5. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Its true as button probally wont finish but
    just starting is an improvement on 2016. Button very we all know that monaco is the least physically demanding track on the calendar the average pole time for the last decade ks 1:14.676 Which is avg speed of barely 100 mph, compared to 137mph in austraila china - 133 bahrain - 136 russia -

So the big G force increase dont count here as unlike spain this weekend they wont be going fast enough

6. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    All of what Webber said may be true but it does look a bit off to slag of Button in public. I think Button's persona of the golden boy, proper Brit, Lovely Boy, butter wouldn't melt etc, etc is a little overblown. Maybe he can be an arse at times like most people. He split up with Jessie for god's sake.

And Button driving in Monaco is nothing compared to Alonso driving the Indy 500.

7. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    How do you know Jessie wasn't the arse?

8. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Are Webber and Villeneuve after Katie Hopkins job as "rent-a-gob"? I now regret clicking on the link as the comments from Webber are a non-story. Bitter, has been driver shoots his mouth off. Who cares?

gethinceri likes this.
  9. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I put this all under the probably true, we all probably know that it is true, but didnt really need saying.

I think I have already stated that the comeback would be an anticlimax, I do not believe for one minute that JB is really excited to be back in the McLaren which is worse than the one he gave up last year, but the rest is a little bit of needle from someone that I thought would have more class, although he is acting a little as Alonso's PR mouthpeice.

10. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Impossible! I clearly had a bit of a crush on her.

11. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

I thought she had a fine arse :love:

Olivier likes this.
  12. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

I would not be surprised if Button is not bothered about whether or not there are any F1 teams wanting Webber to drive for them.

teabagyokel, FB and gethinceri like this.
  13. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    You know I think Button would spend his time better shagging his girlfriend seeing with that t-shirt he had on the other than soldiering around in Monaco

14. Bill Boddy

:no::no:

15. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Button said in an interview he got two offers over the winter for a drive this season. One of them was obviously Williams, but who was the other one?

16. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Unlikely he'd have ever accepted but possibly Sauber or Haas?

17. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives I'll take a punt on Renault given it would make a statement of intent that they are serious about taking over at Enstone

Surely he did not turn down the Mercedes drive if it was offered

18. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    New handicapping system introduced for one race only........?

19. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I have to agree; to let that girl go he must be nuts.

With regards to the race m, Button did a decent job but with the penalty he's got, he's probably going to have a very hard time tomorrow.

20. Bill Boddy

The first time this season that both McLarens have got into Q3. Good tactics to bring out the yellow flags when they did.

21. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Poor Jense is going to have to locate some extra loveliness to do anything from the back of the grid.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice