FIA Formula E

and me! So looking forward to watching that then. Hopefully they'll start to fill up Sky F1.

On the subject of the battery power by the way I'm hoping they don't make the 'two car changes per race' an actual rule as I think leaving it open to encourage teams to try and develop the technology to last for a longer time im order to cut out that second stop will not only be good for the sport but also for motoring technology in general.

I get btsports free because I have btbroadband and I have skyF1 so thats me watching it then.

Engage smug mode...
Smug mode engaged.

smug.jpg

You'd think for maximum early exposure they'd be more sensible to (also) do free live streams too. For example, the Americas Cup was broadcast in HD directly on YouTube, which was excellent.

it seems likely that Formula E will see the likes of Buemi, Di Grassi and Liuzzi compeating with Sato also favourite for a Super Aguri seat and Qa Ma, former Caterham test driver, likely to drive for China racing.

Marco Andretti looks set to race for Andretti racing too which will do wonders for the sports media attention in the States.

http://www.autosport.com/news/repor...Integrated-Feeds+(Formula+1+Integrated+Feeds)

It's good to see a new series putting things together reasonably professionally. I'm looking forward to it.

Mind you, Marco has been racing for Andretti Racing for years (in Indycar) without 99% of Americans giving a flying **** about it.

Some exciting drivers signed up for formula e, including the stig.
From formula e website.

The remaining drivers to sign up to Formula E’s new Drivers’ Club have today (12 February) been revealed with Jaime Alguersuari, Nicolas Minassian, Alex Brundle, Robert Doornbos, Christian Klien, Conor Daly, Katherine Legge and Ben Collins all showing their support for the new global electric racing series.

For a full list of the Formula E drivers club you can go here:

http://www.fiaformulae.com/drivers

It is not a certainty that the grid will be made up of these drivers (theres 24 of them and only 20 seats for a start) but they will all get lots of testing time in the Formula E car so the likelyhood is they will make up the majority of the grid. I'm still expecting some surprise entries late on though.

The group of drivers is not a bad group and has a bit of young talent in Danial Abt and Connor Daly. Abt's dad owns one of the teams so all bets are off on who he'll drive for. Its got the usual 'not made it in F1' brigade which will bring about mixed feelings. Would love to see Buemi and Klein do well. Not to keen on seeing Alguersari and Bruno Senna in it.

As for the Brits they seem a lower down assortment in Brundle and Collins and can't exactly get excited about it (wheres Sam Bird!?!). But I still think Formula E is ultimatly where Jenson Button will end up in a few years and would love to see that.

Heard this was planning going on 'free tv', is that true?

I might watch this, but it only has 10 races. think it needs a little more.

Nice to see The Moose in there.

I will be cheering on the Moose too if he lands a drive.

The TV rumours last I heard were pointing towards BT sport but nothing has been confirmed.

Me? Nope I've said in the past I think Alguersauri is over rated and cocky. Not someone I've ever really got behind.

I am or am sort of a JEV fan and was excited when he got the nod for the Torro Rosso drive. I feel like he's really not shown his potential.

The Moose was my better halves fave driver as soon as she saw the moose comparison so always had a soft spot for him.

Back
Top Bottom