FIA Formula E

Well I can eliminate Buemi, Chandhok, Hirakawa, Hua, Karthikeyan, Legge, and Sato from the running for that Virgin seat. As for the rest of the Drivers Club, well I have no clue who it is. If there was a Union Jack though there are quite a few British drivers.

virgin_racing_backdrop-886x531.jpg

I presume Richard Branson's driving.

So it was Sam Bird then! Excellent. I hope he wipes the floor with Alguersauri and look forward to seeing him racing round the streets of London.

Ya well the media is often full of shit and makes up stories that aren't actually stories.

They spun a Guinness World Record set by a local high school for most twins in a graduating class into a story on the effects of the use of fertility drugs in affluent communities without any trace of evidence that any of the parents used fertility drugs

Indian team Mahindra racing have announced they shall start Formula E with the same line up as HRT started F1 (it worked so well for them).

Bruno Senna and Chandhock will be their line up. This is the first Formula E newd that has failed to get me even slightly excited.

I'm quite looking forward to FE but it worries me that they're choosing to use gimmicks to aid overtaking rather than having open motor and broader chassis design regulations. It seems to me that an opportunity has been missed to orient the challenge more to the engineering side. The lunacy of having the crowd give their fave driver an overtaking boost is possibly the worst gimmick in motor sports history!

Of course the downside of having the tech' provide interest for the punter is that when the rules are open for power unit development the teams will keep the tech' secret anyway! At least that will give spies some useful work to do ... :thinking:

So the news is that Dryson Racing will not be in the first year of the Formula E and will just supply parts for other teams.

There is no mention of it but I reckon they got kicked out for not signing their commercial agreement - mainly because it was sent to Brogan by mistake.

Coming in to replace them will be Trulli GP which, as you might have guessed, is a team owned and run by none other than Jarno Trulli.

Trulli's first job as team boss was to announce his first driver selection which is......italian driver Jarno Trulli! Hmmm.

Venturi's line up was announced today and is not especially exciting. Nick Heidfeld, 38 of F1 fame and Stephabe Sarrazin who has mostly done Rally and Le Mans but did have one F1 race for Minardi back in 1999.

It seems a bit if an odd line up to me.

Back
Top Bottom