Current Ferrari

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Elkann:
    This is interesting approach, and certainly different from RBR, Daimler, and Renault. It may also explain why position at the front is more for them than just sporting pride. Several years ago In Tokyo I saw Williams advertising in very expensive banking area - Marunouchi. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish. (Maybe BMW had something to do with that, despite that letters WILLIAMS were overwhelmingly screaming at passers by.)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

March is on: (Budget is working, hey.)

4. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Yay, that is good news. All they have to do now is try to stop making the silly mistakes they were making last year!!

5. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    yeah ive just seen it confirmed. i think its brilliant because i didnt think a billion dollars spent between top 3 teams for 21 races. was enough :rolleyes:

but money wasnt the problem if they had internally imploded they shouldve won the 2017 & 2018 world title

Ferrari plans to increase its F1 budget in 2019

6. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    When in doubt throw money at it. It’s such a pity all the teams can’t do it. However I thought there was some sort of Budget cap, or did I dream that.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  7. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Additional money, as I read, will increase Ferrari's budget, yet they still will be below Daimler's spending..

8. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Budget smudget, this is F1.

9. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Wait and see...however simulations data look promissing (at least until we find out where rivals are at).

10. BradMan

BradMan Rookie

I wonder if Binotto is the right person for TP. He should be in design department and not with business of politics

Hope he proves me wrong

11. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Cursory scan of Binotto's professional life suggests, that he is more than qualified on technical side, he is well liked as a manager, however he might be neither qualified, experienced, or free to negotiate commercial conditions in the interest of Ferrari team past current Concorde Agreement, a reason why I was expecting Domenicali to step in to close the gap. Since Dome-strategy seems off the table, logical complement would be then Louis Camilleri (a cigarette-man) will step in, which knocks air out of me. I am afraid unless you have been with the sport for a few cycles, then you are simply not attuned in art of possible, essential, and nice to have, but not essential. Risk is that he will really agree to something without having enough racing experience to analyze correctly potential impact of those decisions. Anything, but not again that silly 2014 in répète. Risk is huge.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  12. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Ferrari's spending goes up as the Italian economy collapses.

13. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

There are numerous reasons for their underperforming economy, however Ferrari is doing well, and they alone are responsible how they handle their own cash. Italy and Greece have different outlook on life, and energy one exerts in business. When compared to productivity in Germany or Japan, so yes, they have usually lower productivity output, however they are superb and brilliant in so many other areas, its hard to argue with them.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  14. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

https://multi-cdn.motorsport.tv/oxa...ry/15/f1_ferrarilaunch_2019.mp4/playlist.m3u8

Let's hope Sebastian gets the chance to fight for wins, as his partner will. Through the show Vettel was a man on the outside, whereas Leclerc on the inside. I do not want to read too much into that, and I hope it was just positional mishap, rather than confirmation of things to come.

BIG QUESTION - in 2020
    - Sebastian retires (forced out)
    - Sebastian will continue with Ferrari
    - Sebastian will replace Bottas and shall drive next to Hamilton
    - Sebastian will not drive for RBR (Dr. Marko is not keen managing 2 Alpha males)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  15. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    You’re a bit previous aren’t you Izumi . 2019 racing hasn’t even got under way. Sebastian may be WDC by the end of the year.

16. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

I will be happy to be wrong, but I have uneasy feeling that a decision has been made, and 2019 will be for Sebastian last year in a red car, even if he should win a championship by a large margin (which will be not easy). I think Ferrari has decided to groom Leclerc for 2020 championship, and Seb doesn't fit into that equation.
    Ferrari is under pressure from Italian media, who are asking for Alonso's return. I do not think that will happen, but regardless who will be nominated, I think Sebastian will be ousted. Brass body language was just terrible in telling during unveiling the new contender. Right or wrong, Seb is being blamed for loss of WDC in past two years.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  17. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I was gonna say that I don't think we'll see Hammy and Seb driving for the same team at the same time. But, perhaps it's not the maddest idea.

18. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Izumi this all depends on vettel & leclerc. because vettel has the talent. if it wasnt for his brain fade in Singapore 17 & Monza 18 (to be fair teams brain fade suzuka 18) we could easily be talking about vettel as a 5 or 6 time world champion not Lewis & this could be inspiration to push on. but if leclerc gets the beating of him in opening races, which is potentially possible as he is quality. ive been nothing but continually impressed for 2 years ive watched him. then you can see vettel looking for a way out to mercedes in 2021 not 2020.

Because it just works Personally & business wise. because hamilton expressed his desire for driving for ferrari at some point, Ferrari must admire his talent as especially 2018 he not the car was factor for championship also mercedes would love german of vettel talent to drive for them. so could see a 2021 partnership of vettel with Ocon or Russell

19. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I still object to the Singapore 2017 crash being referred to as 'brain fade'. 99 times out of 100 Vettels move off the start line would have been the right one. All the top drivers do they exact same thing it was just on this occasion Verstappen had filled that gap on the inside - something Vettel would have had no way of knowing. It was a racing incident.

However the headline "unfortunate collision* doesn't get as many clicks as "stupid moron messes up" and therefore it enters into memory as a Vettel error.

By the way I'm quite aware I've has this rant on more than one occasion.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    Bleu, Angel and BradMan like this.
  20. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

I actually agreed with you RasputinLives . Switch name Vettel with some other name, and I have no doubt we would have a different story in headlines. At least that's what I think.
    In Germany we have enountered the same nonsense. Verstappen, from all people, said it was just bad luck, and that could have happened to anyone on the grid. Wolff later on said the same about that incident, yet it is Vettel again who is made to be some kind of clumsy bumbling ninny. Sure, facts are there, he spun, there is no dispute over that, but like with historical books of any kind, interpretation why it happened differs from mouth to mouth, computer to computer. F1 media of course...forget it. Kimi reached level of disgust with them to such heights when he ended up on number of occasions refusing to be interviewed, something we can see increasingly in number of sports.

Talking about good drivers having out - Prost once spun in flooded Brazil race, and I doubt anyone hold it against him. Sh*** sometimes happen even to good people, and life goes on.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  21. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Truth to be said, I am under impression that Hamilton stated in the past that he has no desire ever to sit in "that red" car, and he is happy where he is. Maybe relevant Memo announcing change is somewhere unopened in my Mail box.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice