Current Ferrari

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Vettel is the priority over Leclerc
    Good? Maybe so. How long that will last?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Dartman

Dartman Points Scorer

He may be a multiple WDC but not in a Ferrari and he's had a few goes at it in a Ferrari and not succeeded, I would suggest that if Leclerc starts amassing more points that Vettel then the priority will change quickly, and it only may take two races

4. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

If memory serves me, it was always like that. Once I remember over winter next to a fireplace an interview in form of quiet conversation with J. Todt was about his tenure with Ferrari, and who is or isn't number 1 driver. His explanation was plausible to my ears. Drivers are free to race initially, he didn't specify how many races, but as season progresses, a driver with greater chance to reach WDC, begins to get more attention and some minor privileges (new parts, etc.). Accumulated points was not enough. Situational analysis has to be conducted, and decision made how much driver is accountable for results on the track.

Over years perhaps some fans didn't know that, others know about it but chose to ignore it. I fall into a group who knew this for quite a while, and chose to believe that this strategy remains in place even today, although Arri might have violated this tradition to small extend last year. From friendship he wanted Kimi to win Monza as good bye present. Needles to say it didn't go well with Vettel.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  5. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives in both of them incidents he was thinking far too short term & not enough long term. in Singapore in 1 off race or title decider I would have probally agreed. it was a move he had to make to keep the lead of the grand prix & just became unlucky of circumstance. but vettel had no need to make such drastic move he was on pole his rival was in a struggling 5th he was on verge of turning around a 3pt deficit to a 12 pt advantage with 6 races to go. even I could see as clear as day before it had started raining. it was of upmost importance that vettel got through the 1st corner clean, even if it meant short term pain in 2nd. but no he was too impatient & broke the famous racing rule you cant win it at the 1st corner but you can certainty lose it & after that race where vettel should've had a 12pt lead, becoming a favourite to win a 5th title Ferrari 1st in a decade. Ferrari faced a 28pts gap & it all steadily unravelled to point where lewis was able to coast with 3 races to spare

same in Italy Ferrari 1-2 on their home turf, just easily beaten Mercedes last time out, momentum was with Ferrari it was obvious that he wouldve had the race pace to win that race & then with momentum they go into Singapore 1 of their favourite track with the chance to go level at the very least with victory with lewis in championship with just 6 races remaining but no again his impatience shone through. I have to have it on the 1st lap even though there are 52 laps & 1 or 2 pit stops left. does a ridiculous move that was never going to work

6. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 Hamilton did the exact same starrline move at the next GP (with no crash) so was he short sighted too? Hindsight often brings wisdom.

7. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    but it wasnt hindsight. i said on the Saturday that verstappen can stick 1 up the inside on race day. because if vettel has any sense he will jump out of the way

there are so many times that vettel impatience has cost him & blame verstappen rightly for the same issues 1st 6 races of 2018 but forgive vettel for same issues

8. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    In the incident you are taking about he would not have even seen Verstappen. He would have just seen Kimi. So he pulled across to prevent Kimi going down the inside. He would have had no idea Verstappen was the other side of Kimi and therefore Kimi wouldn't have been able to move over. F1 car mirrors don't show hellicopter views. He assesses the situation off the start line and did what most drivers usually do in that situation. 99 time out of a hundred he would have been right. That's not brain fade that's just odds not being in his favour.

gethinceri likes this.
  9. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Fans voted SF90 most beautiful from all new racers on display. Winning vote won by slight margin, but nonetheless red car gets the nod. What's interesting, Mr. Binotto was excusing matte color as weight saving strategy (glossy thingy adds weight to the car), so they didn't do it. Looks like Maranello boys were really at it over winter. Reminds me of Lexus being assembled with bolts that have core removed, again, as weight saving process. I do not care much about color, but I am pleased and impressed over that kind of attention to the detail.
    :thinking:

10. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Can a pot of paint really make that much difference?

11. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Ferrari's Binotto sees 'heavier' 2019 cars 1.5s slower

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  12. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Only until lights out at Melbourne. After that it’s meaningless.

13. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I thought the point of the matte paintwork was all about airflow not weight saving.

14. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    The season hasn’t quite began and Ferrari is in trouble waters already Codacons are into them
    For indirect tobacco advertising. I find this quite confusing but I suppose they are really fighting for the consumer here. They are ready to have the cars seizured if the sponsorship of smoking products is ascertained.

Sorry, couldn’t find a link in English.

https://www.formulapassion.it/motor...codacons-chiede-sequestro-ferrari-421016.html

15. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

DATE: 2019-02-18 CET: 06:16
    Vettel "will run" first day (and sleeping in cockpit), Leclerc next day, which is better, I think. There is usually very little action on Monday, as systems have to be tested, etc. This was a good job for junior, however as it happened, and I do not want to keep score, but for start - advantage Leclrec.
    I.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  16. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

DATE: 2019-03-01 CET: 08:05
    Why Sebastian Vettel at last has Red Bull at Ferrari
    Pressure, real or perceived, is ON!

Luckily Seb is not usually reading "news" about himself, however Ferrari fans have a lot to cheer for going into opening round. Rivals are probably unmoved, hoping Mercedes will tighten "screws" shortly. Well, this year its not just Sebastian and the "other one". Le Clerc, Verstappen and maybe several others cannot be discarded either. Its going to be tight in the first corner.
    I.

17. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Our dear friend Meph had a very interesting hypothesis about matt surfaces and benefits to airflow, he got all scientific on it and it really did make a lot of sense as he'd done some very detailed research.

18. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I think we need to start a 'bring back Meph' kickstart campaign.

gethinceri and Andyoak like this.
  19. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I'm happy to:
    1. Let him know
    2. Lose his phone number
    Let the forum decide! Can we add a poll?

20. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Please don't tell me you've lost touch with him Geth...wish him well and I'd love to see him back again.

21. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I second that motion.

Get the curmudgeonly old bugger back on board.

It's becoming more apparent that TBY has handed his moustache back and exited stage left so we need some of that off the wall humour back.

Plus his nemesis was banned a long time ago. (for which, as so long has passed, I can now reveal was for making a physical threat against a forum user in a private message!!)

All together now:

"Bring back Meph, Bring back Meph, Bring back Meph, and while we're at it Corona lemonade but that's another issue, Bring back Meph! "

Andyoak, RasputinLives and Angel like this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice