Current Ferrari

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I second that motion.

Get the curmudgeonly old bugger back on board.

It's becoming more apparent that TBY has handed his moustache back and exited stage left so we need some of that off the wall humour back.

Plus his nemesis was banned a long time ago. (for which, as so long has passed, I can now reveal was for making a physical threat against a forum user in a private message!!)

All together now:

"Bring back Meph, Bring back Meph, Bring back Meph, and while we're at it Corona lemonade but that's another issue, Bring back Meph! "

Andyoak, RasputinLives and Angel like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Angel

Angel Happy to be here. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Ooooh Corona lemonade, or their version of Cola, wasn't it called Coola or something? Yum

I don't know Meph but he sounds like a character.

"Bring back Meph"

cider_and_toast likes this.
  4. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Ferrari to ‘look deeper' into wheel rim failure
    It appears its not over yet after all. I was wondering about it, marveling how quickly forensics on the incident - basically over night - was done so quickly. Root cause analysis usually takes time to process.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    BradMan likes this.
  5. BradMan

BradMan Rookie

Featured Threads:
    Yes it was amazing how quickly they could do that "pre-forensic report". Wonder how long that analysis will take.

It's inevitable though. Teams stretching and testing each other can cause collateral damage (hope that never ever happens), but the possibility is real

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  6. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Would you know if Pirelli is involved in this investigation? I am still fuzzy about physical process of it.

7. BradMan

BradMan Rookie

Featured Threads:
    no idea
    judging that it's a wheel rim issue, probably a close inspection with supplier

8. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

It's likely because iirc the gravel at F1 spec circuits is graded to be in a certain size range, so when you build a car you design it so that the gaps are either too small for gravel to enter or too large for it to get caught in. So Ferrari will be making sure they've got their sums right, unless it was a true design flaw and a foreign object damaging it was a convenient cover, just like every failure at Le Mans is an "electrical issue" which seems to indicate that a lot of the electrics are oil-cooled, jusding by the puddles under the cars! ;)

cider_and_toast likes this.
  9. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Yeah, I would be surprised if we ever hear the true story. No one actually owe us any explanation, so we are left speculating.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  10. BradMan

BradMan Rookie

Featured Threads:
  11. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Finding the problem and fixing it are two very different things.

12. Angel

Angel Happy to be here. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Couldn't agree more RasputinLives but I hope they can/will have it fixed by this weekend!

13. BradMan

BradMan Rookie

Featured Threads:
    Now I read Ferrari wants to "witness" the effects of the corrections. Is it really THAT simple. Hope so.

I'm not a big Hamilton fan (actually, he would be my favourite if Vettel and Kimi was'nt around), but I have learned through the years to appreciate his comments. The ,5 seconds might be abit overstated, but I think there's some truth in the fact that Ferrari are slightly ahead at this stage, despite what happened in Australia

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  14. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Well if fixing the problem brings us closer racing, I’Il go and hold a spanner for them.
    :D

I am not being rude guys.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    BradMan likes this.
  15. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    FB likes this.
  16. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Not really telling us anything we didn't know but an interesting read none the less.

17. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

Don't know if it's been posted, but this is rumoured to be the reason for Ferrari's additional speed this year

2019-04-01_09-04-43

Effectively using the spinning clutch basket as a turbo, nuts and brilliant if it's true.

18. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/05/15/its-official-ferrari-are-in-crisis/

Here we go again. First Binotto, and then probably Vettel soon after him on take off ramp?

Heads needs to roll to tame thirst for blood, all of which I think would be grave mistake. First what is needed to shut down external noise, and focus on issues in hand. But then, I am darn sure Binotto knows all of that. I am however not certain if media do. When Mattia was asked after last race what happened, he was through and through professional, when he said in calm voice, we will go home, and execute in-depth analysis to find out. (Something to that effect.) There was no point for him wave his hands and scream, we are is sh**, we are in deep sh**.

When Vettel said something wrong with this car, so called "fans" were all over him, that a good driver has to driver any car. (I wish I would know origins of this pathetic nonsense.)

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  19. Grizzly

Grizzly Bear Contributor

How are Ferrari in crisis? Stupid click-bait if you ask me, even when they have something sensible to say, it's buried under a daft headline like that.

Williams, they are a team in crisis. Ferrari? They are a team not quite achieving what they want to, at the front of the sport.

I for one cannot stand the media's endless search for clicks. Honestly, at times I find it more frustrating than the lack of competition at the front.

20. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

With Italian media this seems way of life; nothing new. True or false, pressure switch is on ON position.

21. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Good idea, sack the leader "pour encourage les autre".

It's never worked before but it might this time.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice