Current Ferrari

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Some people are hoping for la répétition of 2014. That would give Hamilton good chance for next WDC, however I think today Vettel has a different mindset. What I am not sure about are Ferrari's plans beyond 2019. If they have made their mind already it will be future without Vettel, then they will treat him accordingly, and it might turn into difficult year for Seb, and a good one for Leclerc.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

It is possible that Alonso will return to Ferrari in 2020. No way? I would not be actually surprised over that. Several cryptic remarks from Alonso that his return to F1 is quite possible only supports my speculative scenario that someone placed an exploratory phone call to him from Ferrari top brass. I do not know actually anything about relationship between Binotto and Vettel and neither about Bin and Alonso. Binotto is however with Ferrari "forever", and went through period when Alonso badmouthed Ferrari left, right, and at the centre. Forgive and Forget? Maybe so, we will see.

4. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Decision to change management:
    "Everything happened before Christmas, then for various reasons we decided not to reveal the decision," said Piero Ferrari.
    "I don't want to go into details, also because I can only speak as a shareholder, but I only say that there was a confrontation between us members and in the end we acted in the exclusive interest of Ferrari," he added.

How significant is this revelation in terms how much support Bin has among people who do own the team? OK, he was chosen from necessity avoiding him leaving, thus preserving technical continuity, however now when vote is in, is support of him by some at the top conditional, or full and without reservation? Lets hope people will keep their egos in check, and do what is needed to succeed (as opposed to coming up with "I told you so").

Arrivabene meanwhile rides rollercoaster. One day he is a manager of a footbal team, next day he follows Kimi to Sauber.

Rosberg too seems to have too much of free time on his hands, and coming up with thousand and one stories concerning Vettel. My advice, hey bud, take a break, or find some other ways to grab headlines.

Winter break is far too long.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Angel and F1Brits_90 like this.
  5. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    well I said 1 thing this has proved Ferrari are really private because nobody had a sniff of fuss happening, the arguments between arrivabene & binotto, how disliked arrivabene was within his own team at the track & factory

6. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Going back to Seb I can;t remember which practice session it was but he had both Ricciardo and Verstappen sitting next to him at the press conference and the names he touted for future Ferrari drivers were Le Clerc and Giovinazzi in trying to play mind games with Ricciardo and Verstappen who he would prefer Ferrari to announce as someone who drives alongside him. So be careful what you wish for Seb , then again he's had Raikkonen as his teammate for 4 years because he thought he was undisputed No 1 but it turns out it was not like that from Monza onwards

------------------------------

Ricciardo did say he got tired of the chess games during the silly season when he was pushing hard for the drive at Ferrari but had hoped he may drive for them in the future. I am not sure if Daniel has missed the boat then if he felt he got fed up that forced him to sign with Renault

7. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Ferrari was not interested in DR, as he himself confirmed in one interview, when he with somewhat forced smile on his face said, that they (Scuderia) probably lost his phone number. They never placed a call, nevermind launch negotiations.

Media, and consequently fans, insist on theory that Ferrari has No. 1 and 2 policy. It si a claim Arrivabene repeatedly denied.
    I for one believe that a season begins without labels, and only in-season as points begin to accumulate, a driver who has chance to rise onto podium by the end of the season receives focused support. Any claims that Vettel was blocking DR's sign-up is I think made-up theory to put sweet cream on what was basically unkind rejection of him with roots in upper echelons of Ferrari hierarchy. (i) SM would not ask Vettel what to do, and (ii) SM wanted Leclerc, not DR.

8. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Ferrari did well to keep that quiet didn't they? MInd you there was talk of Maurizio being on the way out towards the end of last season as I recall. Seems that was true then.

I hope Ferrari can produce a car which can fight for wins and more to the point, I hope the team can avoid the silly msitakes they all made in 2018. All this changing around of personnel isn't good for any team but with any luck they will gel and make 2019 worth watching. If Mercedes start to run away with it yet again, I'm not sure I can stand it!!

9. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Bottom line - I don't believe Vettel will be recipient of similar quality support Hamilton is enjoying at MB, and if this is last year for him with Ferrari, than it will be Leclerc who will be groomed for "better things" at the expenses of his teammate. Not too many people care how Bottas is treated, but they care whether Leclerc will receive equal status within the team operational envelope. That's my take what's ahead na drivers side.

10. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Sounds good to me, and to be frank, better than expected. Management needs to settle in. Drivers aren't problem, despite all nonsense we hear on sidelines. Schumacher has taken several years before winning a lot, Alonso couldn't do it, and Vettel's so called "errors" have their core roots in a car being driven beyond its capabilities. Dome coming back could be a good thing, however whether he will be the one pushing for re-hiring Alonso remains to be seen.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  11. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Clarification by Elkann

He really scolded the Italian media.

12. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I have my doubts whether dominical would take the job, because I was listening to the beyond the grid podcast & he seems really happy at Lamborghini as you say he doing very well sales are up, he lives local, is happy that he gets to spend more time with his family, working in a less stressful & pressurised environment. also he enjoying planning the future appartantly a new lambo SUV is coming out.

you've got to remember that he was in that team for 23 years & was the team manager for 6. I dont think he has any unfinished business

13. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

There was the other Italian who said - I make you an offer you can't refuse... :)

Sorry for resorting to a cliche, but money combine together with an ambition to win with Ferrari is a strong incentive. Dome is hungry for that elusive win. The man is really intelligent too, and forging a new agreement with Liberty would be his forte. (IMO)

14. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Phil.jpg

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  15. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Blimey, Seb looks rough :o

Oh wait, I see who is it ;) Personally I'd have gone with a young Red Bull driver myself :p

Bill Boddy likes this.
  16. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Dome?
    MB?

I really struggle to read your posts Izumi

i know who/what you mean but as you're the only person who I see referring to Domenicali as Dome and Mercedes as MB (rather than Merc) you tax my brain. Might stave off the dementia I guess, though.

17. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

I see, however trust me, there is bunch of people I know in person who affectionately use both acronyms without reservations (and if you address Domenicali that way, he will answer to you). On the internet (outside of F1 domain) the definition of Merc is actually "Mercenary" or "Injure or kill", That is not Mercedes Benz (MB) I know.

My intent is however not to intentionally confuse anyone, thus I apologize for any hardship this has caused here.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    gethinceri likes this.
  18. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Lol, don't accomodate me mate, I just need to exercise my brain more.
    The Domenicos I know answer to "Dom" but maybe I'm insulting them every time!

19. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

All is fine, gethinceri. I guess people interact differently in different environments and with different group of people. It's not a big deal.

20. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    i still think he will short term unless he is absolutely commited which after 23 urs i feel it closed in his eyes. its like have 2nd stint as England manager

21. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Hard to say what Elkann will do. Stefano Domenicali is immensely intelligent man. He would be also immensely successful man, bar his tenure with Ferrari F1. My bet is that dark smudge on his professional life it eats him, and he is probably considering it as unfinished business. From psychological point of view that would be fair speculation. His return I would see as an improvement on organizational structure.

Mattia Binotto of course cannot manage technical improvement through the season, manage next season development, negotiate future arrangements, and be father to everyone in Maranello for rest of the day. I am hoping Elkann will clarify soon what the deal is, but as of now, something is missing.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice