Football Euro 2012

england-team-euro-2012.jpg

Capacity crowd for the match! You would think that the locals might be slightly interested in Le Crunch?

1-1 at half go France :whistle: sorry guys. Anyways all of these games seem to be lacking flow. Not sure if this is because some teams are sitting back so much, but there seem to be a lot of fouls and cards and that could easily be the issue. But is that due to overly aggressive players or overly sensitive refs?

Overly sensitive refs definitely. Too many petty free kicks disrupting the flow of the game.

Decent result for both sides I think, but Sweden and Ukraine won't be easy by any means. It was a bit of a shame that England couldn't continue their attacking momentum beyond the first half an hour or so, and we were absolutely knackered by the end, but it was a solid performance. The most important thing was not to lose today.

I thought the ref did better than a lot of the refs so far in terms of how trigger happy he was, but France did seem to get more than their fair share of decisions.

Referee in the England v France game was so bias towards France it was so unbelieveable! Johnson gets booked for pulling Ribery on the floor and yet Mexes escapes punishment after bringing Milner to the floor, not really consistant there ref were you?

But all in all a very good defensive display from our lads in the Ukraine, Parker looked died on his feet when he was coming off. Worked his socks off and was my MOTM for the England side.

Also good start to the tournament so glad to see the goals flying in alot more regularly than there were out in South Africa :).

Back
Top Bottom