Football Euro 2012

I asked this on chat but nobody is on there so I'll ask it here.

I'm not very good on football so can someone tell me why England are playing in those colours and not the white they usually play in after all the other coadjute are wearing a rather smart yellow...
I think that's one of official colours England play in and since white is close to yellow, they had to use the away kit. I think they have played in yellow in the past but I cold be wrong.

BTW: well done England, one step ahead

Mephistopheles
Every international team has a 'home' and 'away' kit, just so the colours don't clash on the TV. England's traditional away kit - as we were classed as the away team - is red, but for some ludicrous reason, Umbro (who make England's kit) decided that it should be blue. For reference, our 'home' kit is white. We usually only have to wear the away kit if the home teams' home kit clashes with our home kit - basically if Sweden played in green, we would have played in white.

Surely it is better if England go though at the top of their group or doesn't it work like that I mean is their next fixture harder now than it would have been.

Bear with me I'm thick as far as football goes...

Back
Top Bottom