Current Charles Leclerc

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Mar 15, 2018.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    so delighted for him ive been 1 of biggest supporters since I saw his awesome drive in opening F2 round in Bahrain when he pitted for tyres in sprint race & went for 14th to 1st in 9 laps. as i say Leclerc is brilliant driver, he will do very well & without heaping pressure on the guy if Ferrari deliver a capable car next season. he can defientely win a race next year wouldn't surprise if we had 2007 where the young pretender challenges for the world title

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I'm looking forward to him making Seb look a bit crap.

4. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Those words may come back and bight you in the bum GL. I wasn't expecting Seb to struggle against Danny Ric at RBR given that it was effectively "his" team and how Seb won the mind games battle against Webber and yet struggle he did.

5. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:

It's going to be fascinating and I'm a fan of both drivers so I don't know who I want to do the best out of the two of them!!

That's if I get to watch F1 next year of course.

6. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I expect him to be showing Vettel the way home in short order.

This move suggests Seb is no longer calling the shots at Ferrari, and given his performances that shouldn't be a surprise. In hindsight they'd have been better off with Alonso.

Il_leone, Bill Boddy and gethinceri like this.
  7. Clay

Clay Test Driver

Vettel hasn’t been calling the shots at Ferrari anyway. Marchionne supposedly closed the deal with Leclerc at the end of May because he was fed up with Raikkonens performances.
    If it hadn’t been for Stefano Domenicali I'm sure that Massa wouldn’t have lasted more than two seasons next to Alonso either. At that time there also weren’t many other options available who were regarded as being better than Massa.
    I don’t think Vettel worries about his team mates and a season like 2014 has not reoccurred yet.

vintly likes this.
  8. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Indeed it hasn't.

Vettel in today's press conference:
    "Kimi has been my best team-mate, no question."

Mmm-hm. With the possible exception of Bourdais, he's patently been the worst; but the worst is the best for Seb. I'm looking forward to next season a lot more than I thought I would.

9. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fernando Alonso once described Felippe Massa as the best team mate be ever had and Lewis said the same thing about Kovalinen.

Guess you can't beat a good number 2 ;)

gethinceri likes this.
  10. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Massa is underrated ... ;)

11. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I feel like Leclerc needs at least one big result before the end of the season. I remember when Perez got signed by McLaren he binned it in nearly every race for the rest of the season and really started on the back foot.

Probably say the same for Gasly too.

12. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Well he got 9th today that was good considering he had not scored in 5 races and pretty much around the time when suggestions he might race for Ferrari started

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice