Current Charles Leclerc

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Leclerc is an awesome driver, and I don't think we've seen all he's got to offer yet. He's an amazing young man I reckon.

Welcome to the forum Sreekumar A :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

Once Lewis Hamilton has retired Leclerc could well be the next dominant driver.If that also means that he stops Verstappen from being World champion then that will also be and added bonus.

Angel likes this.
  4. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    LeClerc is very much Prost mould whereas Verstappen more Senna so it will be fascinating battle but I think Lando Norris if he gets the car could be a factor

5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I am a Leclerc fan and have been for a while but I must put forward a note of warning. One swallow does not make a summer. I said on Sunday that the heartbreaking way Leclerc lost his victory reminded me very much of Juan Pablo Montoya being denied a well earned race win through no fault of his own in his 2nd GP for Williams. Now when that happened we had the same talk now about how he was going to dominate the sport for the next few years and comparison to greats followed. Just look at what he's done before F1 as well came the cry. However JPM's greatness never materialised and he became a bit too fond of doughnuts.

I hope the same does not happen to Leclerc because I am a fan but I'm reluctant to get too carried away. I once got carried away about a certain Jean Alesi who was cruelly denied a victory in the Tyrell in one of his first Grand Prix........hang on! That's the same story! My god's its like history repeats itself or something! ;)

Legs and Andyoak like this.
  6. Grizzly

Grizzly Bear Contributor

"He'll be world champion before Max Verstappen"

A bold claim that Paul Fearnley intends to stand by it appears. Predictions aside, the article is a fun reminder of the sheer number of times young Charles pain in Bahrain has repeated itself over the years.

7. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    What I like about LeClerc is he just so mature about the situation and the way he has conducted himself which will win him over at Ferrari.

His confidence in telling the team this time he was faster than Vettel and overtook him and proved it with class.

He is definitely not an Alesi or a Montoya - the main issue with both of them was their fiery temper and making ill advised career moves. Alesi let his heart rule his head but then other times the luck seriously went against him when he was leading races set for the victory

Montoya - should have won 2003 title but made a rash decision jumping ship to Mclaren and never really was the same driver

8. Dartman

Dartman Points Scorer

If you are the No2 and want to be the No1 you have to prove it, a touch of deafness or a radio fault and no comment afterwards goes a long way to No1

9. Speshal

Speshal World Champion Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    POTTER!!!!!!! screenshot001.png

gethinceri likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice