Grand Prix 2015 British Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Out of the ashes of World War II came a lot of military installations scarcely needed now blowing up enemies was not a priority. Well not so much of a priority.

Silverstone airfield on the Bucks/Northants border was such an installation. With Brooklands going the other way - a victim of the Luftwaffe - British motorsport needed a new home. Today Silverstone has evident primacy over Brands, Donington and the Top Gear test track.

Its corners are famous - Copse relegated from Turn 1 status but unbowed, Abbey renewed, Stowe tricky, Luffield frustrating, Maggots/Becketts flowing.

F1 is scarcely in rude health, with implausible grid penalties adding to its promoter describing it as "crap". What it really needs is barnstormers. And this one's on the BBC, so some people might chance upon it!

Hamilton inherited a sketchy win from Rosberg last year, just as Rosberg had profited from Hamilton and Vettel losing out in 2013. This year, you suspect there'll be Mercedes again to the fore.

It'll be windy. It might be wet. Good ol' Silverstone.

Well with the weather forecast for heatwave and thunderstorms, who knows what we may get. I assume you have an umbrella as well as a bikini racecub.

Alonso may have more penalties in the British GP due to the "power unit" being damaged in the crash during the Austrian GP.

One of the consequences of homologation without common sense. The rule is intended to punish those whose engines have failed by means of a defect within the engine, not because an outside force has been applied.

I think the weather could make it interesting wet or dry because it is unseasonably warm pirelli im sure never expecting 30c+ & its not forecasted but woudnt surprise me if we got rain as it has been extremely humid last few days & as we know from Malaysia the moisture in the air builds up its got to go somewhere

Such is this green and pleasent land and its inhabitants... Constant rain and it's moan-moan-moan, No prospect of rain and it's moan-moan-moan. Warm but not too warm for comfort and it's moan-moan-moan...

I've been watching all the Silverstone forecast sites like a hawk!! And it does keep shifting. What I have to date is

Friday dry , light winds and 26 degrees, ( thunderstorms overnight)
Sat, rain clearing and temps of 28 degrees. Should be clear and hot for quali.
Sunday, much cooler 22 degrees with a chance of showers.

For me that's pretty damn good Grand GP weather!! Hot when I'm on the campsite and fist two days of track. Thunderstorms when I'm tucked up in my tent and a bit of a mixed bag on race day. MMMMMMM juicy!!

Well I've been watching the specific Silverstone sites, but I know it can be freezing and windy there in the morning and hot and sunny in the afternoon. Sometimes even when the suns out , some of the covered grandstands are like freezey wind tunnels. I tend to go to the track in layers and gradually peal them off...........
But I may actually omit the jumper layer this year:o

I remember being the coldest I've ever been in a Silverstone Grandstand in July. I don't think stripping would have been an option for anyone. Still if the race is boring and racecub is up for it, it could liven the viewing up considerably.
:)

Graph time:
TEN CAN.png

The colour differentiation on my computer isn't making your graph (pie chart) clear.

Sorry, I know I'm being thick.

It's stuff inside lines isn't it ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom