Your Top 10 Drivers of 2009

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
So using the Autocourse criteria of a drivers racing performance and the equipment at their disposal who are your top ten for 2009? I'll kick you off with mine:

1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Jenson Button
3. Sebastien Vettel
4. Rubens Barrichello
5. Mark Webber
6. Nico Rosberg
7. Kimi Raikkonen
8. Sebastien Buemi
9. Jarno Trulli
10. Adrian Sutil

Typically Autocourse requires a driver to have competed throughout whole season so this excludes Massa, Goujon etc..

1. Nico Rosberg
  2. Lewis Hamilton
  3. Sebastien Vettel
  4. Kimi Raikkonen
  5. Jenson Button
  6. Mark Webber
  7. Rubens Barrichello
  8. Robert Kubica
  9. Nick Heidfeld
  10. Adrian Sutil

I was going to vote Grosjean... LOL

1. Nico Rosberg
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Sebastian Vettel
4. Jenson Button
5. Rubens Barrichello
6. Mark Webber
7. Nick Heidfeld
8. Adrian Sutil
9. Kimi Raikkonen
10. Robert Kubica

1. Jenson Button
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Kimi Raikkonen
4. Nico Rosberg
5. Sebastian Vettel
6. Rubens Barrichello
7. Mark Webber
8. Robert Kubica
9. Nick Heidfeld
10. Jarno Trulli

1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Jenson Button
3. Kimi Räikkönen
4. Nico Rosberg
5. Mark Webber
6. Sebastian Vettel
7. Rubens Barrichello
8. Nick Heidfeld
9. Robert Kubica
10. Jarno Trulli

1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Jenson Button
3. Nico Rosberg
4. Sebastian Vettel
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Mark Webber
7. Rubens Barrichello
8. Fernando Alonso
9. Robert Kubica
10. Nick Heidfeld

Just a quick question, I was considering Timo Glock on my list but I take it he dosn't count because he didn't complete the season or is that rule only for drivers who didn't start the season?

The usual rule for Autocourse is that a driver must have competed at each race so I'm afraid Timo doesn't get in I'm afarid C_a_T. For example Schumie was excluded from their list in '99after his Silverstone expedition.

The only time they deviated from this rule was in 1994 when David Coulthard came in at No.5. This was also the only year I'm aware of that the cover photo wasn't only the Drivers Champion with Schmuie, Senna and Hill all making the dust jacket. BTW Hill was the Autocourse No1 driver for that year, go Damon!

1. Jenson Button
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Nico Rosberg
4. Sebastien Buemi
5. Kimi Räikkönen
6. Rubens Barrichello
7. Mark Webber
8. Sebastian Vettel
9. Nick Heidfeld
10. Robert Kubica

Haven't included Alonso as who really knows how much his team mate was hobbled or whether there was any other help given..

I haven't included Alonso since

• we know Renault screw their second drivers,
  • I'm comparing him to Lewis because he is still in his McLaren three years and
  • I don't like him.

Brogan said :
teabagyokel said:

1. I don't like him.

Isn't that in contradiction with your comments on your official The Clip the Apex Awards 2009: Driver of the Year thread?

teabagyokel said: please choose based on good form in 2009 rather than personal driver preferences.

;)

Maybe tby should post a topic similar too : The Clip the Apex Awards 2009: Most Disliked Driver of the Year

Just to be fair.

Brogan said:
teabagyokel said:
  • I don't like him.
Isn't that in contradiction with your comments on your official The Clip the Apex Awards 2009: Driver of the Year thread?

teabagyokel said:
please choose based on good form in 2009 rather than personal driver preferences.

;)

The case for the defence:

A quick scan of any post made by the defendent on the website cliptheapex.com would reveal a cheeky irreverance that is used throughout. The defendent's comment on the omission of Mr. Alonso was made as an irreverant joke in addition to the two serious points that Mr. Alonso should be in a McLaren and that he has been known to recieve favourable treatment from the Renault F1 team.

In addition to this, he had a crap season and in no respect could be considered to have been "on good form" in 2009.

Here's my

1) Jenson Button :1st:
2) Lewis Hamilton
3) Nico Rosberg
4) Kimi Räikkönen
5) Rubens Barrichello
6) Sebastian Vettel
7) Mark Webber
8) Nick Heidfeld
9) Jarno Trulli
10) Giancarlo Fisichella, for his pre-Ferrari performances!

Thank you for listening. :thankyou:

My tuppence worth

1) Sebastian Vettel
2) Jenson Button
3) Mark Webber
4) Lewis Hamilton
5) Rubens Barichello
6) Kobayashi
7) Nico Rosberg
8) Robert Kubica
9) Felipe Massa (Would have been higher if not for his injury preventing him racing much)
10) Fisichella (would have been higher if not for his shocking performance at Ferrari)

Worst driver: Badoer

FB said:
Typically Autocourse requires a driver to have competed throughout whole season so this excludes Massa, Goujon etc..

fat_jez said:
6) Kobayashi

9) Felipe Massa (Would have been higher if not for his injury preventing him racing much)

:D

Boyle99 said:
FB said:

fat_jez said:
6) Kobayashi

:D

Yeah, I know, but Kobayashi deserves to be in a top 10 with his gutsy moves at Abu Dhabi and it's hardly Massa's fault he was out for half the season. I can take them out, but there is no one else worthy of being in a top 10, in my opinion this season.

As it's Christmas Santa very kindly delivered a copy of the Autocourse year book and this is their Top Ten of 2009

1. Jenson Button
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Sebastien Vettel
4. Mark Webber
5. Fernando Alonso
6. Rubens Barrichello
7. Robert Kubica
8. Nico Rosberg
9. Kimi Raikkonen
10. Jarno Trulli

So there you go, we were all wrong :D

1. Sebastian Vettel