Pre-Season Your 2019 Predictions for the year ahead.

Joking aside, it's just a few days ago someone on this forum corrected me on having concern that no-agreement exit end of March might present some travel related issues to F1 (at least to some teams initially). No problem, said that person, to move couple of boxes will be a breeze (or something to that effect). I am rather sitting on the fence, because nothing, as far as I am aware, was finalized up to now. British media suggested air-travel might be frozen (at least temporarily), because WTO rules which are expected to take effect do not cover this subject.

Please don't twist my words to suit your agenda.

Unless we have a "no deal" departure we will still be in the EU for another two years whilst trade deals and agreement on how subsidiary sections are handled are reached.

So we have at least two more years of internal arguing about do or do not we collaborate with crossborder gangs of criminals and many other sectors. Oh, bliss.

I've picked up a few months ago more of reading about the divorce proceedings just to acquire understanding what's going on. To noone surprise, instead clarity, I am more confused than ever before. There seems to be new phenomenon on daily display featuring lies that aren't lies, just alternative explanation of formerly accepted reality, and so it goes. It is also apparent many like it that way, especially if it supports personal positions. It's time probably for me to scale back my daily dose of getting my nerves overexercised, and relay merely on one or two media outlets, or watch traffic through the window instead. We will be lucky if we don't hear about it during F1 season.

Last edited:
Since I was the one asking questions, maybe I owe to honorable members clarification of a kind I've found:
Even in the event of a no-deal Brexit, flights will continue to operate between the UK and European Union. However, in the event of the UK leaving with no deal, many flights are likely to be cancelled because departures would be capped at 2018 levels. As UK airlines have already announced thousands of new flights to Europe from the end of March 2019, some would have to be cancelled
No need to worry then. All is fine and dandy.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has warned that a no-deal Brexit scenario would "massively damage" Formula 1's many operations currently based in Great Britain and would make it difficult for the reigning constructors' champions to remain based in the UK at Brackley.
Hmm, I do not think this is an empty threat, just concern about logistical issues, since they need contact with Stuttgart. I would hope they just relocate, rather than leave altogether.

Honda might do the same, who knows. On non-associated matter:
Honda is preparing to announce the closure of its Swindon plant in 2022 with the loss of 3,500 jobs.

Last edited:
F1 teams are based in UK for one reason only. The best staff and F1 minds are here. If they re-locate it will be interesting if they take then with them.

Somewhere I read that Mercedes Benz alone had staff from over 25 countries. Not sure if mist of them are located in the UK or not but things are about to get interesting for most teams

I don't think Mr. Wolff would be just spouting speculation on serious subject as that one is. I actually think that he was asked to coordinate F1 with strategy head office developed for most extreme scenario, and if he says they might be potentially relocating, I tend to take his word for it, despite that this would be huge undertaking.

More grisly scenario would be staying where they are, and exit from F1 by the end of current CA, which could make some people very happy. I am not in that group.

Last edited:
I think Toto Wolff tends to spout speculation about everything to be honest with you.

You seem very concerned about Brexit Izumi
Mr. Wolff might have reputation of some kind, accurate or not, however whatever little I know about him, I have no problem with him.

With respect to Brexit, no, I am not concerned about it from political point of view, however I am concerned about its impact. Be it on the F1, or otherwise. Inaccurices, lies, half-truths, hidden agendas, cheating, etc. altogether is becoming burden. Here I've touched upon this subject only because I think it will have adversed impact upon sport, it will catch Liberty unprepared, and I fear they will come up in last moment with solutions detrimental to teams who do operate on the continent.

Last edited:
- 2019 champ Vettel, runner up LeClerc
- Bottas no winning race
- Kubica will not see the end of season. 1 Day too old, 1 Hair too Bald.
- Williams will be at the bottom , Clair to quit at the end season
- Max beats Gasly
- Hulk beats Dan
- Albon beats Kvyat
- Grosjean gets sacked
- Kimi to shine in some races

Welcome Radical F1 It's good to see you here :)

I like your first prediction a lot, I'll heartily agree with that one ;) In fact in all honesty I don't think I could really argue with any of them except maybe the Hulk and Dan prediction, that one could be a close run thing I reckon.

Welcome Radical F1 It's good to see you here :)

I like your first prediction a lot, I'll heartily agree with that one ;) In fact in all honesty I don't think I could really argue with any of them except maybe the Hulk and Dan prediction, that one could be a close run thing I reckon.
Thanks. Yes, that's a toss up. The only reason I chose Hulk over Dan is the Renault chassis experience.

- 2019 champ Vettel, runner up LeClerc
- Bottas no winning race
- Kubica will not see the end of season. 1 Day too old, 1 Hair too Bald.
- Williams will be at the bottom , Clair to quit at the end season
- Max beats Gasly
- Hulk beats Dan
- Albon beats Kvyat
- Grosjean gets sacked
- Kimi to shine in some races
Oh boy, you aren't shy to define yourself right of the start. That Kubica thing might haunt you here (at least for a while).

Gro has really blood of true Frenchman. There is a story somewhere that after one race last year when race strategy was less than good one, he alledgedly phoned boss and unloaded upon him all what was on his lungs regarding that subject matter. He might have felt good after the call, but at the end bad move, I think.

Back
Top Bottom