You know you're obsessed with F1 when...

Hamberg

Those who know, they know
Contributor
Finish the sentence with your own obsessive stories

....when you are walking behind someone and try to get into their slipstream before making a crafty overtaking move on the outside

(and paying good money to set up a forum doesn't count!)

....when you turn down a night out on the town so you can be up early for qualifying the morning after!

(the mrs is heading out now and I'm heading to bed)

Its now 2am and my early night didnt go as planned but I'm still planning to be up at 6, does that make me obsessed?

:givemestrength:

I'm quite angry, if I can't watch the race in full, I don't want to know what the result is until I can watch it, I'll avoid all media until I can see it.

Today I saw up to lap 6 then had to serve up lunch for 16 as it was my Dad's birthday so had to switch it off - lovely lunch - until, as my brother was leaving he told me the result - utter :censored:

I'm going to wait 3 years and then tell his daughter that "daddy told me to tell you that santa doesn't exist" - Long term payback

Blimey! There was I taking it all for granted. Even though I sometimes suffer a similar grief due to "occasional" weekend work, you really do have my sympathy today. Wondered why you were "quiet" on CTA this afternoon.

:givemestrength:

I'm quite angry, if I can't watch the race in full, I don't want to know what the result is until I can watch it, I'll avoid all media until I can see it.

Today I saw up to lap 6 then had to serve up lunch for 16 as it was my Dad's birthday so had to switch it off - lovely lunch - until, as my brother was leaving he told me the result - utter :censored:

I'm going to wait 3 years and then tell his daughter that "daddy told me to tell you that santa doesn't exist" - Long term payback

Exactly the same for me. Although on two occasions now when I've been doing just that - avoiding all media, I've somehow stumbled across the press conference on a TV in a shop window. Arrrrrgh! You cannot unsee what you have seen.

Also - my Dad has a habit of texting me occasionally after a race with a comment like "Great win for xxx". I dont look at the body of texts from him now if I'm trying to avoid the result until I've seen the whole race with my own eyes!

I once looked at the home page for the site thinking I'd be safe, forgetting there is a news feed block....
facepalm.gif

Also - my Dad has a habit of texting me occasionally after a race with a comment like "Great win for xxx".

Similar here :givemestrength: I would be rewinding the VCR (remember those?) to watch it and he would walk in. "Did you know that x y z?"

NO! Thanks dad! :bored: I wonder if he used to do it on purpose, because he would then just turn and vanish out the room.

Back
Top Bottom