Would you race in Bahrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowy

Champion Elect
No way would I go there.I don't like being shot at by police or battered over the head with a baton.
I will watch from my usual favourite armchair.

I would race there if somebody paid me for it, I don't often get the opportunity to go racing!

My fears are officially quelled. So, the story so far:

Bernie : What about these protests then?
Al Khalifa : It'll be fine.

I suppose we'll have to wait until it gets closer to the event for this to develop a bit more.

So, Mr. Ecclestone, welcome to our History quiz, Tales of the Stupid! Here are your questions!

1. Who was a key actor in the French Revolution of 1789?
a. Pierre Robespierre b. Napoleon Bonaparte c. Louis XVI

2. Who controlled the Bolshevik Party in 1917?
a. Vladimir Lenin b. Josef Stalin c. Tsar Nicholas II

3. Who brought down Communism in Poland?
a. Lech Wałęnsa b. Pope John Paul II c. Wojciech Jaruzelski

So Mr. Ecclestone, you have chosen c, c, and c.

Well, you're incorrect, the a's were the correct answers, the b's took benefit from the revolutions and the c's were the diposed leaders.

So that's -3 points for you!

No prizes, but thanks for playing, join us next week for more Tales of the Stupid.

snigger.gif

Is that the same Mr Ecclestone who said about Buttons attempted mugging in San Paulo "they look for people who look at bit simple"
Seem to remember that Mr Ecclestone was mugged in London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12477620

3 days in, 2 dead and dozens injured. Took the Egyptians 17 days to get rid of Mubarak and now they have military government and, quite possibly, less freedom than they had before. I can't imagine (with the 5th fleet sitting in Bahrain's harbour) the American's are just going to sit back and let the mob depose their puppet in Bahrain.

I have serious doubts that we will see a race in there. If there is a race there will either be trouble of the state will be under marshal law; either way I wouldn't want to race there or be part of the team. Would you?

I have serious doubts that we will see a race in there. If there is a race there will either be trouble of the state will be under marshal law; either way I wouldn't want to race there or be part of the team. Would you?

I think we'll see a race there, the ruling elite will make some concessions to the protesters to keep them sweet, let the race go ahead and then clamp down hard after no-one is looking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12490286
Security forces in Bahrain have dispersed thousands of anti-government protesters in Pearl Square in the centre of capital, Manama.
Hundreds of riot police using tear gas and batons moved in before dawn, with tanks now reported on some streets.
At least three people died in the police operation, according to the opposition, with 100 injured.

I am not to sure that this is the right response from the Police and government.The protesters will not give up so easily today.
This protest is recorded and distributed wordwide by Bahrainian younger generation on Twitter and Facebook.
The authorities can no longer hide their actions from from the world.

The Bahrain rulers have two choices: nip it in the bud by quashing it or enter into serious negotiations with opposition leaders. Since they can't possibly negotiate - because they are a tiny minority elite ruling a massive oppressed minority - they are using the only means at their disposal.

They have an advantage over Mubarak, in that their army and police are quite willing to fight and kill their own people to keep their jobs and status.

F1 needs from next year a reserve event that can be run when something like this happens, like they have in MotoGP

I would suggest either Magny Cours or whichever German track isn't hosting the German GP

As for Bahrain happening, not a hope in hell. Yas Marina will host the pre-season tests instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom