Would you race in Bahrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance unless it's essential travel.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12513212

This is looking more and more like that I'll need to reset the counter to the 27th March.

Oh an other thing, what does Martin Brundell talk to the King of Bahrain on the Grid Walk? Track Modifications, Tyres, ordering the Army to kill the protesters?

Hand me the 'keys' to an F1 car and I'd race it on the moon. :D

Not sure if the F1 circus should go though...but is it any more dangerous than Interlagos?

aside from the fact that aerodynamics need air passing over them to work and there's none on the moon.

aside from the fact that aerodynamics need air passing over them to work and there's none on the moon.
But if there is no air therefore there are no forces, so Gravity would be the only factor and any play in a Front Wing would be shown on the Moon (of course in a downward motion).....I can't believe we are talking theoretical aerodynamics on the Moon? LOL

This just occurred to me...

If John Booth has vital components that the car can absolutely not live without on the sea on the way to Bahrain, how the hell is he running the Virgin cars that are in Barcelona?

But if there is no air therefore there are no forces, so Gravity would be the only factor and any play in a Front Wing would be shown on the Moon (of course in a downward motion)

It's the aerodynamic forces that are causing the wing to flex though. So the wing would not flex in the absence of any air (other than what you might get if the car goes over a bump).

Bernie is leaving the decisions on the Bahrain grand prix to the Crown Prince. Seems like a bit of a cop-out to me.

Its not a cop out, it makes the Crown Prince and the Bahraini Monarchy to blame when/if the race is called off, rather than FOM. If Bernie cancels the race, FOM are responsible! If a Khalifa cancels the race, a Khalifa is responsible!

by the same token, if something happens during the race weekend, Bernie is absolving himself of blame.

Also, if the Crown Prince says the race is going ahead, the teams have to turn up or be in breach of contract, no matter what the Foreign Office might be saying about whether the region is safe or not.

Peace talks are happening some time today, so possibly no testing, but if its sorted sharpish, then we may get a race.

I had forgotten that the Bahraini royal family own 42% of the McLaren Group, which includes McLaren F1.

And I believe they paid 40 million to host the race, plus an extra 20 million to be first on the calendar - Bernie's contract says he has to provide a grid or else he is in breach of that contract and receives nothing.

However, it would seem that "some" teams are against rocking up for the race, let alone testing.

It is hard to see who would lose or who would gain ultimately, if the GP is cancelled - Bahrain would save themselves 60 million, but lose an awful lot of face/prestige, plus associated event income and worldwide PR and Bernie would also lose 60 million, but receive a huge dent in his reputation as Mr Fix-it. The teams, however, would have a further 2 weeks to tweak their cars and, I'm sure, would make full use of it.

The race feed, but not the pre-race warm up and post-race analysis. That's the bit Jen is suggesting would be missing, although I think they'd just do it from a studio in the UK.

Here I get FP3 and qualifying on LNT.Latvian National Television.They don't send any cameras there as they can't afford to.Qualifying I can also get on RTV.
On Sundays I get the warm up and race from LNT or RTL or NTV which is the Russian national television company.

I don't get FP1 or FP2 at all.

Sunday warm up! Now that takes me back. :)

To a time before parc ferme, when men were REAL MEN and women were REAL WOMEN ... :whistle:

I can't verify the reliability of this source.
http://gulfnews.com/sport/motorsport/bahrain-grand-prix-to-be-rescheduled-to-end-of-season-1.765003
Bahrain Grand Prix to be rescheduled to end of season

Ecclestone, the Formula One rights holder, has little choice other than to sacrifice the start of the 2011 world championship, after the UK Foreign O

Manama: Gulf News sources in Bahrain can confirm that the Bahrain Grand Prix, scheduled for the weekend of March 11-13 will be rescheduled to the end of the season, taking place after the Kuala Kumpur GP and before the final race of the seaon in Abu Dhabi.
"We have been told to step down our operations," an official with a German race team said last night.

Kuala Kumpar - is that the Malaysian venue? Also isn't Brazil the last race of the season. "An official with a German race team" - would that be Mercedes?

I have my doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom