Would you like a separate "comic strip" forum?

Would you like a separate "comic strip" forum?

• Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
As per this post, http://cliptheapex.com/threads/nonsense-lunacy-and-general-stutterings.2707/page-14#post-73494 here's your chance to vote on whether you would like a separate comic strip forum.

I'm going to see if there's something I can do about these "series" type posts.

Probably create separate pages for them or something.

Or possibly a separate "Comic Strip" forum.
That would be very easy to set up - we would just allow those doing the "comic strips" to post in that forum, and we would split out all of the relevant posts in this thread into a separate thread.
Each author would only post on their own threads, keeping them clean and tidy with just the content.
Anyone else who wants to start their own strip would just have to apply for permission to post in the forum.

Of course, that's only if there's a general consensus on it, otherwise we can leave the posts in this thread.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 4 or 5 separate strips:
  • Fenderman's Rooters
  • RoBs McLaren Tech Centre
  • FB's BE
  • TBY's Forza Ferrari!
  • McZ's Alonso's World Tour.
No doubt there are a few others I've missed, apologies if so, I've been on holiday for 2 weeks so haven't been keeping up.

Suggestions for the forum name (if it is ever implemented) are also welcome.

I would like to see these in a blog format where Selected users can run them as a series in thier own dedicated blogs. Users would be able to comment on the individual posts and subscribe to them via RSS.

On a selfish level, yes, I'd quite like a Rooters News page all my own but I really liked the early evolution of the Nonsense thread where we had some inspired cross-fertilisation and happily bounced off each others ideas and gags. I think there then developed at least three identifiable styles or categories: Fake News; Bugged Conversations; and Narratives/Stories.

Although I, personally, don't have a problem with there being a "Comic Strip" forum, you might want to think about whether this is worth the effort as it could be creating a shed load of work for you. What about the other joke threads that could be brought together under the one roof - i.e. the Gag Warehouse, Funny F1 Photo's/Vid's etc. - once you start the re-organisation where do you stop?

In the final analysis I like my Rooters items where they are in the Nonsense Thread with the narratives/stories. However, since the Bugged Conversations pieces are the most distinctively different in style they are certainly worthy of their own thread.A simple split off of those would perhaps be the simplest things to tidy things up.

Having said all that, I'm happy to go along with the CTA team as you know your business and what it will entail to make the necessary change.

May I also take this opportunity to thank you all for your efforts, particularly through the transition from the demise of 606 and the challenges that Admin', Mod's and members alike faced during this period of change.:goodday:

Edit: This took me so long to think about and write that apart from Bro's OP (pre-edit) you all got in there whilst I was punching my keyboard! So apologies for any repetition in my post!

Oh and can I just add, if you are the author of a particular series of post, can you let us know what the thread/strip title should be?

Assuming of course it all goes ahead.

Although I, personally, don't have a problem with there being a "Comic Strip" forum, you might want to think about whether this is worth the effort as it could be creating a shed load of work for you.
It would only take a few minutes to set up and there wouldn't be any additional overhead in terms of workload after that, other than just adding permissions for anyone else who would like their own thread, again, a 30 second job.

In the final analysis I like my Rooters items where they are in the Nonsense Thread with the narratives/stories.
That's fine.
You're more than welcome to keep them in there :)
This suggestion is only for those who would prefer a separate thread for their series'.

I personally think there are some real gems in that thread which deserve to be given more visibility.

This thread though is just to gauge feedback and opinion as to what the authors in particular would prefer.
If the overall consensus is to leave it as it is, then that's what we'll do :)

I hope we can encourage Jenov to give us some more sitting room/armchair stuff. I've been hoping to read more of that. Good also to see Slyboogie writing a piece recently.:)

What about the other joke threads that could be brought together under the one roof - i.e. the Gag Warehouse, Funny F1 Photo's/Vid's etc. - once you start the re-organisation where do you stop?
Regarding this, it's normal for a forum to evolve as more posts are made on a particular subject.
After all, the "Off The (Pit) Wall forum didn't exist a few months ago.

"Inside the McLaren Technology Centre..." seems the obvious title for my nonsense.

Agree with Fenderman about the cross-fertilisation of ideas though - some of mine were inspired by comments that others had made. If the "Tickle the Apex" (my favourite title) forum goes ahead, I'll quote any inspirational comments in my posts. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom