• Prost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMW Sauber

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
So there'll be no more Andrea Modas. There'll be no more Lifes*. But who has been the worst team of the decade. Can I rule out Ferrari? Have a poll!

Is that right?

I've gone for Honda. They came, they saw, they spent a load of cash and managed to turn a team from winners to complete loosers in just 3 short years.

Let's not forget the gimick of that awful "Earth" car.

To add the final insult they leave and the shadow of the team go on to win the drivers and constructors crowns.

Nice one Honda :thumbsup:

Interesting one.

Yes, the likes of Arrows, Super Aguri, Midland, Spyker and even Prost were pretty bad, one or two of those were awful.

I only got into F1 a couple of years back, so it'd be harsh for me to vote for one of those teams, although I've been able to catch up on old races via certain means ;)

So, I've voted for Toyota. Their expenditure over the seasons has vastly outweighed the performances they've given us, with their biggest success being this year, at Bahrain, where they locked out the front row, only to throw the race away with poor tactical nous and some odd decisions.

After that, their car development seemed to go backwards (or rather, they stood still while the rest went forwards), and they had another mediocre season.

Yeah, I'm wishing I could change my vote from Prost to Toyota, purely on the grounds of Toyota being a complete waste of money!

fat_jez said:
Yeah, I'm wishing I could change my vote from Prost to Toyota, purely on the grounds of Toyota being a complete waste of money!
I can do that if you wish Jez?

Just let me know.

I can hardly blame Prost, Arrows or Minardi for being terrible given what they had to work with.

So it's the manufacturers who failed, and $2.8Bn without a GP win swings it Toyota's way.

Though if I had a second vote I would give it to Jaguar. Ruining a successful team in that space of time is impressive work.

Though if I had a second vote I would give it to Jaguar. Ruining a successful team in that space of time is impressive work.

That's why I opted for Honda. Toyota were a start up outfit and all though they spent huge sums of money and failed to win a thing they at least were building towards the right end of the grid. They appear to have suffered from poor management and a "corperate" mentality more than anything else.

Honda on the other hand had a rich racing background, had been building championship winning engines for quite some time and should have known better. They bought an established and experienced team who were just starting to show signs of mixing it with the big boys by finishing 2nd in the WCC and that's when it went pair shaped.

From almost hero's to total Zero's in just 3 seasons. Now that takes some doing. Then to cap it all their second hand chassis went to Super Aguri who promptley went and showed them what they were missing so not only did Honda replace a reasonable car with a really pants one they then let a little minnow of team show them up with a slighlty modified version of their reasonable car. Superb !!!

LOL

sobriety said:
It's gotta be Honda, just for the way that they Munson'ed themselves

I dunno, I reckon that is more apt for BMW. At the top of their game and when they finally get the chance to take a title when they have the car, the money and the drivers they decide to concentrate, fully, on the next season (which as we all know was a complete and utter failure), therefore abandoning their best chance of a title.

And for this reason alone I am going to give my vote to the now defunct BMW team.

Brogan said:
fat_jez said:

Just let me know.
Nah, it's OK thanks Bro. Prost were just as bad, they just didn't waste as much money!

I'm inclined to vote for Jaguar (Ford), they did a really good job decimating all of Paul and Jacky Stewart's hard work.

The problem I have with voting for Honda is that they had done all the hard work, they had turned the team around, had all the right people in the right place then suddenly lost their bottle! Toyota was a mess but were also standing on the verge of getting on when they too lost their bottle...

:thinking: Yes it has to be Jaguar (Ford) they just saw dollar signs, pounced and s**t on a really sound operation. Once they had finished their dump they just up and left without so much as a bye or leave. :nah:

I dunno, for me the Munsoning is always going to be Honda's, you have a rubbish car, you get the best guy to manage it on board, you then produce a car which is either unbelievably good, or your aerodynamicists have got their sums wrong (again), it's predicted to be seriously quick despite your crappy engine, you sell the team to the manager (who obviously beleieves the aerodynamicists (itself a give away when the manager is one R. Brawn)) and the team then 'bodges' in the best engines on the grid in to the chassis and goes on to win both the WDC and the WCC...

*whiskey (and that is the right spelling when you're drinking Redbreast) may have influenced my spelling...

I think Honda would edge out Toyota in my book because Toyota haven't sold the 2010 car, hence they won't build a brilliant car and put someone else's name on it!

I went for Jag. They did absolutely sod all in 5 years with a massive budget!

Just had to go for Toyota - They lead the field in not living up to expectations!

Imagine having that much money that you decide money, technology and drivers can get you a title, so what's the problem with using a leader who has to refer to his filofax to check the spelling of F1...

Brogan said:
fat_jez said:

Just let me know.
Can you change mine? I went for Honda without giving it too much thought. Then I considered itand I want to change it to Toyota. The main reason being the money they spent and the reason not to go for Honda is the fact that they did actually manage to win a GP.

Thanks Bro.

Back
Top Bottom