Tennis Wimbledon 2013

Personally, having seen the game fully now, I think that Murray was able to impose his game plan on Djokovic, which he has previously struggled with, and that along with the crowd got under Djokovic's skin.

The only issue I have is he is now the front runner for Sports Personality of the year. Surely you need to have a personality to win that? Maybe they need to rename the competition to Outstanding contribution by a sportsman/woman of the year.

Has the guy even celebrated yet? He was up early this morning doing interviews for everywhere. After wiggins won the TdF he wasn't seen for a week while he enjoyed his victory.

Not making excuses for Djokovic, but I think the heat also got to him. We've seen him suffer due to the heat several times.

Aye, considering that I got a nose bleed today.

Also, I hate the crowd in tennis, they get way too excited. I'm surprised a player hasn't pummeled at least one of them, or even spoke to the umpire for them to shut up during play.

I thought the way the Wimbledon crowd acted on Centre Court during the semi final between Murray and Jiri Janowicz was way over the top. They could as well bring flares and invade the court afterwards.
And in the final some in the crowd thought it was paticularly cool to scream during the rallies, especially in Murray's last service game, which was one of the most exciting games I can remember.
Don't get me wrong guys, I like Murray and I think he deserves his Wimbledon championship more than anybode else. And I also understand that the crowd is getting excited after 77 years of wait. But I think the way they acted was at times pathetic...No respect for the sport or the opponent. It's easy to applaud the loser after the match, when your man has won. So that doesn't count....

Back
Top Bottom