Poll Whose F1 careers should end at the end of 2022?

Whose F1 careers should end at the end of 2022?

• Max Verstappen

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Sergio Perez

• Lewis Hamilton

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • George Russell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charles Leclerc

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Carlos Sainz

• Daniel Ricciardo

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Lando Norris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fernando Alonso

• Esteban Ocon

• Yuki Tsunoda

• Pierre Gasly

• Lance Stroll

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sebastian Vettel

• Zhou Guanyu

• Valtteri Bottas

• Mick Schumacher

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Kevin Magnussen

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Nicolas Latifi

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Alex Albon

• Total voters

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
There are only 20 seats in F1, yet some of these seats have been taken by pay-drivers, whilst other drivers have been in F1 for many, many years, and don't seem to want to move on.

In the 1980s, many drivers stayed on well beyond their sell-by dates, with Michele Alboreto, Andrea de Cesaris, Nigel Mansell, and more continuing to fill seats well beyond the time when their talents had begun to wane.

So, who should step back from F1 at the end of 2022? Which drivers are no-longer pulling their weight? And, who should step up to replace them?

(You can choose as many of the drivers from the list as you want - but please, don't just choose Max Verstappen, or Lewis Hamilton, if you don't like them, or their team)

My choices were:

Danny Ric - not cutting it anymore. Not sure what has gone wrong but his mojo looks to have gone.
Fernando - just give it up mate, you're 40 years old, you're never going to win another world championship, possibly not even another race. Let someone younger have a go
Seb V - I don't think even he want's to be there anymore but he's more Jody Scheckter than Niki Lauda and won't just walk away.
Nicolas Latifi - more money than sense

Alonso may go Aston Martin taking.to replace Vettel but hardly any better move to be honest

Yesterday was the first sign Hamilton should quit at the end of the season but if the car improves then maybe

My picks are as follows:

Lewis Hamilton, Seb Vettel and Fernando Alonso.

In all three cases they've got nothing left to prove and are not going to get any better. Time to move on.

Nicolas Latifi. Williams aren't great but he's looking poor in a poor car.

My mind hasn't been made up on Stroll, Schumacher and Ricciardo.

I couldn’t pick any of them. The obvious contenders of Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton and Bottas I thought put in good performances this weekend. Perez needs to find some fight/attitude right now or he can just get out.
Now Mazespin has gone and Latifi is not red flagging as much the talentless bunch has even diminished. Schumacher is deffo more his uncle sadly.

i went for Riccardio, Latifi & Vettel

Latifi - because he's an obvious 1, only 20 drivers get a chance in F1. he had 3 years made it into F1 in a F2 weaker year hasnt impressed. & when you have drivers like piastri on the sidelines. its time to make way

Vettel - i dont feel like his passion for F1 is the same feel it has dwindled. obviously he questioning his career as he said on question time. & at 34 i could see him maybe wanting ago at le mans & or going to Formula E

Riccardo - this is a sad one for me. because i love him if F1 20 of him, F1 would be in brilliant way. but i fear for him because this slump is now going on 15 months. he has a contract for 2023 but if like 2021 (bar brilliant drive in monza) he cant improve. its the question of long to you giving a driver to settle in after 2 years

I'm watching the Race on YouTube about Ricciardo

His original contract was meant to end 2023 and he let it slip about talking this summer then backtracked saying it was summer 2023 but declined to elaborate further

Zak Brown saying Ricciardo is falling short of expectations

This year alone he would be 6 nil down in quali if it were not for Norris time deleted in Spain but he fell backwards alarmingly in the race about 0.8secs per lap slower

The regulations are hurting him

Other options for Mclaren

Colton Herta - a testing contract and expected to get practice sessions
Pato Ward
Gasly?
Piastri
deVries

Van Doorne

Apparently Ricciardo is paid in excess of $20m a year

His original contract was meant to end 2023 and he let it slip about talking this summer then backtracked saying it was summer 2023 but declined to elaborate further

This year alone he would be 6 nil down in quali if it were not for Norris time deleted in Spain but he fell backwards alarmingly in the race about 0.8secs per lap slower

Pato Ward
Gasly?
Piastri
deVries

Van Doorne

I think that Vandoorne would be a step backwards for McLaren - I suspect that he would be schooled by Lando as well. (He was well beaten by an unmotivated Alonso in 2018).

Pato Ward would be great - but we just don’t know how fast he really is yet!

Pato Ward
Gasly?
Piastri
deVries

Van Doorne

de vries is on his way to Williams if im hearing correctly

Pato o'ward great driver in America. in colton Herta bracket of unsure would need a title under his belt

Gasly is a great shout. needs to leave AlphaTauri &

Gasly will either replace Perez at Red Bull next season or will be at Alpine, as they need a French driver.

i cant see alpine as ocon is already contracted, you already have piastri & alonso in that queue. Gasly its possible its what the team is there for but i think it would be out of character for horner & for gasly it would be a risky move because we saw how he nearly bombed out in 3 months

How highly does Mercedes rate Nick De Vries? Mclaren might be prepared to have him if they can say to Williams you can have Ricciardo

De Vries used to be in the McLaren academy… I never quite understood why he was dropped!
I would certainly slant towards Mclaren over Williams if I was De Vries unless Zak Brown is intent on having an American based driver

I think Ricciardo would be good at Williams because they will lean to him to be No 1 whereas its not like that at Mclaren

Back
Top Bottom