Who will beat Whom - Cars 1 & 2

Who will beat whom?

• The 2010 World Champion Sebastian Vettel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
So, its that time of year again to have a look at 2011's crystal ball and see what we come up with. And our first pair is the Red Bull-Renault lineup of Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber.

A late season charge by Vettel saw the new World Champion take 2010's honours from Webber, although the Australian put up a sprited fight. Vettel won 5 races and sat on pole 10 times, whilst Webber won 4 and sat on pole on 5 occasions.

You can go for the wunderkind, or the more experienced Aussie, or you can go for the Lucozade option and sit on the fence.

My vote, incidentally, goes with Vettel.

Webber i think, he has a reason to drive hard, andd young seb wil crumble. Also there is a pattern in receent years, Raikkonen 07 Champ, 08 2 wins, Hammy 08, Champ, 09 2 wins, Jense, 09 champ, 10 2 wins...

Alonso scored 4 wins in 2007! Malaysia, Monaco, Italy & "Europe".

In my opinion, if Seb scores only 2 wins in 2011, Webber will score as many wins as Kovalainen did in 2009! Mark had his big chance this year, and sadly blew it!

Car 1!

teabagyokel said:
Alonso scored 4 wins in 2007! Malaysia, Monaco, Italy & "Europe".

In my opinion, if Seb scores only 2 wins in 2011, Webber will score as many wins as Kovalainen did in 2009! Mark had his big chance this year, and sadly blew it!

Car 1!

My bad, ive amended the post

I'd still love to see Webber clinch it, but with an existing WDC in the team who is a product of the RB driver school, my vote sadly has to go to car 1.

Impossible to see past Vettel in this one. Webber has astonished me over the last couple of years as someone I'd written off as a journey man but on pure pace, and with another season's experience behind him, Vettel has to come out on top.

Wonder if the new team orders rules (or lack of them) will have any impact at Red Bull?

I'm going to sit on the fence because my heart says one thing and my head another. Therefore it would be it would be unwise for me to pursue this logical/emotional schism in print. I have enough problems with my delicate psyche thank you very much! :clip:

As soon as my head and my heart concur I will jump off the fence, thus creating a binding agreement between my warring selves and cementing yet another implausible alliance. :friends:

I've been looking for the fourth option - ...whomsoever replaces Mark Webber mid-season, shall giveth Sebastian Vettel a whooping.*

However, as this option is not available, I am stuck in limbo... :thinking: ...which is also now named, sitting on the fence. :disappointed:

*You heard it here first! :D

Confidence boosted, the weight of winning the title lifted from his shoulders and a team mate who may just feel like he's blown his best chance. It has to be car number 1 and Seb all the way.

With the team fully behind him, I can't see Mark getting much of a chance.

Even more so now the ban on team orders has been lifted.

"Sebastian is more favoured than you, can you confirm you understand the message?"

Hmmm, with team orders and an ageing teammate I think Vettel will have to search deep in his sock drawer to find a decent excuse for not leading his team's results...

It has to be Vettel. Mark really had his chance this year and blew it. Seb will continue to get better, while Mark may be near his "use by" date. Nor have his antics on mountain bikes endeared him to the team. If Mark gets off to a GREAT start, the picture may change. Otherwise, he has the supporting role.

Vettel for me. Webber is going to need all his reserves to come back from his biggest disappointment of all.

I am a little surprised that Webbo is even still here (I thought he might retire at the end of last season, title or no title).

For me it's Seb without question.

Back
Top Bottom