Poll Who will be World Drivers Champ in 2012 ?

Who will win the World Drivers Championship 2012

• Sebastian Vettel

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Mark Webber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jenson button

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Lewis Hamilton

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Fernando Alonso

• Felipe Massa

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Michael Schumacher

• Nico Rosberg

• Kimi Raikkonen

• Romain Grosjean

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aye but Alonso could have been a three or even a four time world champion now had he not spat his dummy out and stayed a Mclaren to fight for his position as number 1. As soon as the tough stuff appeared Alonso chickened out and went back to home comforts at Renault. I still think Alonso has it in him to become world champion again but he missed the trick in not staying at Mclaren and fight.

A Latin temperament in an Anglo German team didn't work, simple as that. Staying on wasn't going to cure anything. Sometimes personal happiness counts for a more than we realize and I've never seen Alonso looking happier, regardless of where he is on the grid. I personally think he's enjoying working with people he likes and enjoying the challenge of developing their car. :)

I'm sure people thought that about Alonso once, now look at him. 5 years without a title and the season ahead looks like he'll be struggling with a poor car again.

Ferrari couldn't put a winning car under Schumacher for five years then he won five in a row with them. Alonso will add more to his tally before he retires, you can be sure of it. I wouldn't right Ferrari off just yet. We'll know more after the Spanish GP.

We'll probably know more before the Australian GP.

I don't think we will. Common fact. When an F1 team introduce a completely new car they very rarely get the best out of it until the second year, after a full year of development. Ferrari will be working to try to achieve results far sooner than this, but for them to be competitive before Spain would be a dream result for them. I know I keep repeating this but if the wins are shared between three drivers during the first five or so GP's, and Ferrari get their car working by Spain, Alonso certainly won't be out of touch.

Can't see it being anything other than a Vettel year. It will be a lot closer than last year I suspect but with consistency of performance the key, I think it will be another RBR / Vettel year.

Back
Top Bottom