Poll Who will be World Drivers Champ in 2012 ?

Who will win the World Drivers Championship 2012

• Sebastian Vettel

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Mark Webber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jenson button

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Lewis Hamilton

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Fernando Alonso

• Felipe Massa

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Michael Schumacher

• Nico Rosberg

• Kimi Raikkonen

• Romain Grosjean

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Testing is over, we have seen lovely unpleasant pictures of the new cars, read analysis, looked at race simulations and now its time to put your cards on the table. To call the driver you think will do the biz.

Who will be drivers world champion in 2012 ?

Vettel.

Hamilton and Button will take points off each other, the same can't be said for Webber.
Ferrari are out of the picture, by their own admission.
The rest aren't in the top three.

At this moment, Vettel is the driver that is getting results.

Based on testing and Red Bull's ability to almost always have speed in hand I reckon the RB8 will be the class of the field.

Hence Vettel will be champion seeing as Webber is bollocks now.

Probably clutching at straws, but I think Red Bull may come back to the pack a bit. Coupled with some reliabilty issues for them I am going for Button (just), but it will be close between him, Vettel and Lewis (with new mojo). Now watch all the stuff in the first two sentences be totally wrong....

I'm going for a right Mclaren ding dong for the title. I think Lewis and Jenson will probably have too much for Vettel to cope with this season fingers-crossed. However (even though i love Lewis more) for Jenson's sake i hope he wins it for the pure fact that this is probably his best chance of being a two times world champion and Lewis has many years ahead of him.

I'm going for a right Mclaren ding dong for the title. I think Lewis and Jenson will probably have too much for Vettel to cope with this season fingers-crossed. However (even though i love Lewis more) for Jenson's sake i hope he wins it for the pure fact that this is probably his best chance of being a two times world champion and Lewis has many years ahead of him.
Aren't women wonderful and so very right - love it!!

for Jenson's sake i hope he wins it for the pure fact that this is probably his best chance of being a two times world champion and Lewis has many years ahead of him.

I'm sure people thought that about Alonso once, now look at him. 5 years without a title and the season ahead looks like he'll be struggling with a poor car again.

I'm sure people thought that about Alonso once, now look at him. 5 years without a title and the season ahead looks like he'll be struggling with a poor car again.
Unless we have an explosion of talent this season (and that is unlikely) we have to put our faith in the 'old boys', any of whom could stun and surprise us. Never write them off until they retire! :)

Aye but Alonso could have been a three or even a four time world champion now had he not spat his dummy out and stayed a Mclaren to fight for his position as number 1. As soon as the tough stuff appeared Alonso chickened out and went back to home comforts at Renault. I still think Alonso has it in him to become world champion again but he missed the trick in not staying at Mclaren and fight.

Assuming RB are a lot closer to McLaren this season from the off, then even if RB is faster as it it likely to be, the Mac minght be more reliable to start. Also Webber has had time to dial into the tyres and is fired up to regain some respect after last year.
If this is true then the McLaren drivers will be able to compete, and as Lewis is naturally faster I would expect many more poles from Lewis leading to many more victories. Button qualifying behind Lewis will be mostly between Seb and Mark

All this could mean Lewis early on maintaining the interest and focus to unleash the potential he has been threatening to do since 2008

If my reasoning and assumptions are correct his teammate could receive a real thumping and it becomes Sebs turn to drive at the ragged edge to have a chance of winning

This is the best equipped before an opening race Lewis has been since 2008 and I am sure he will produce

If you are right, I think that it will be for reasons already stated by Brogan. That is unless one of McLaren's driver's breaks a leg and they draft in a no.2 in which case thier chances, ironically, would be much better.

I really hope for Red Bull and McLaren to be evenly matched to be able to compare Lewis and Seb in more or less equal machinery. If that is the case the better driver will prevail, which I think (and hope) is going to be Lewis.

Ferrari just seem to be going to where they were in the days before Todt, MSC, Brawn and Byrne, so pretty much they will have a season like the last one, or even worse. Alonso might be tempted to leave those guys sooner than he thought...

TBY

If Vettel DOES win the title again this year, there a some here who will claim it was impossible that he didn't have the overwhelminly best car.

Back
Top Bottom