Poll Who will be the first driver to be replaced this season?

Who will be the first driver to lose his seat this season?

• Jenson Button

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fernando Alonso

• Michael Schumacher

• Nico Rosberg

• Kimi Raikkonen

• Romain Grosjean

• Paul di Resta

• Nico Hulkenburg

• Kamui Kobayashi

• Sergio Perez

• Pastor Maldonado

• Heikki Kovalainen

• Vitaly Petrov

• Timo Glock

• Total voters
Maybe I'll eat my words for now, or at least put them in my lunchbox for later.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98403

Stefano Domenicali is not one of those principals of old at Ferrari and certainly does not appear to be a big political player but I am not sure how much he can help MAssa when Alonso pulls the strings and Luca is expecting more from Massa.

Its very difficult for Felipe at Ferrari - Hockenheim 2010 has knocked the stuffing out of him

I quote Ivan Capelli 1992 or Rene Arnoux 1984.. Lauda 1977 was different matter

Also Prost in 1991 is a different story too. The Capelli thing was 2 races towards the end of the season and was by mutual agreement and not 2 races in and a driver who was in his 7th season with the team and is still popular amongst the tiffosi.

The Arnoux thing was an odd one. Does anyone know to this day why they sacked him? Ok his season before hadn't been stunning but 4th wasn't a bad result on the opening day was it? odd that one

Also Prost in 1991 is a different story too. The Capelli thing was 2 races towards the end of the season and was by mutual agreement and not 2 races in and a driver who was in his 7th season with the team and is still popular amongst the tiffosi.

The Arnoux thing was an odd one. Does anyone know to this day why they sacked him? Ok his season before hadn't been stunning but 4th wasn't a bad result on the opening day was it? odd that one

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes the mad house politics at Ferrari do not give reasons so that is why I say Massa beware. Whatever Stefano says does not hold much weight like Todt did because he answers to Luca where as I think Todt stood his own ground at Ferrari and knew how to play politics

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes the mad house politics at Ferrari do not give reasons so that is why I say Massa beware. Whatever Stefano says does not hold much weight like Todt did because he answers to Luca where as I think Todt stood his own ground at Ferrari and knew how to play politics

I still think Fellipe is still to popular with the fans and team to be given such a undignified exit. Unless he is convinced to jump before he gets pushed

I still think Fellipe is still to popular with the fans and team to be given such a undignified exit. Unless he is convinced to jump before he gets pushed
------------------------------------------

Well the problem for Massa he really has no other team to go to so will try and stick around as long as he can. None of the other top teams would want him for their own reason except maybe Lotus pending on how their drivers do

The only solution is simply a straight swap between him and Perez at Sauber which is a strong possibility I think or he makes way for another driver and Sauber let go of Kobayashi if Massa brings in more money

------------------------------------------

Well the problem for Massa he really has no other team to go to so will try and stick around as long as he can. None of the other top teams would want him for their own reason except maybe Lotus pending on how their drivers do

The only solution is simply a straight swap between him and Perez at Sauber which is a strong possibility I think or he makes way for another driver and Sauber let go of Kobayashi if Massa brings in more money

Perez ain't silly enough to move to Ferrari mid-season and even if he does go to Ferrari, Sauber rely on their big Mexican sponsorship and will but Guttierez in the seat.

Perez ain't silly enough to move to Ferrari mid-season and even if he does go to Ferrari, Sauber rely on their big Mexican sponsorship and will but Guttierez in the seat.

Perez has laughed off mid season switch but he's put himself in the shop window after Sunday.

I guess that will be the end of Massa then unless Ferrari do a deal with Sauber to take Massa with the engines. So Kobayashi may have to make way then

Massa needs to find performance from somewhere and fast

If it turns out to be Massa who loses his seat and Perez takes his place who amongst you thinks that it would be a really bad move for Perez? playing second fiddle is never a good idea for any driver how many times have Ferrari ruined a drivers career with their intra team policies?

I remember a young driver with great potential who's career was trashed by moving to Ferrari to soon, that driver being Jean Alesi.

Also will the young charger have any choice in the matter as he is with Ferrari's young drivers program?

For all we know no-one could get the sack in the middle of a season this year. Would be nice to go a season without a driver change, haven't had many of them in recent years.

Arnoux & Ferrari

I've found 3 possible explanations:

1. He was so technically incompetent the Ferrari mechanics changed all the springs in his car from hard to soft and he didn't notice
  2. His physical condition was so poor at the start of 1985 Ferrari had had enough (he was 2 seconds slower than Alboreto)
  3. He had a relationship with Enzo Ferrari's grand daughter who was quite young (I'll leave it at that)

Massa, he just shows the difference in abilities between him and Alonso.

Would love to see a proper racer in the Ferrari, Perez, Grosjean, Kobayashi as a start.

But then again I've never rated Massa so I am a little biased, probably my heart speaking, if it was my head it would be Narain Karthikeyan.

If it turns out to be Massa who loses his seat and Perez takes his place who amongst you thinks that it would be a really bad move for Perez? playing second fiddle is never a good idea for any driver how many times have Ferrari ruined a drivers career with their intra team policies?

I remember a young driver with great potential who's career was trashed by moving to Ferrari to soon, that driver being Jean Alesi.

Also will the young charger have any choice in the matter as he is with Ferrari's young drivers program?

Jean Alesi's problem was after 1 full season in F1 he suddenly became a wanted man after the big players - Senna, Prost and Mansell

Whoever his manager was ..did not realise the hot water he would land himself in by signing 3 contracts which were all binding Williams, Tyrell and Ferrari

Obviously he went with his head and chose Ferrari when everyone saw Prost " The master politician" manipulated the team into his own away from Mansell

It went to the CRB and it cost Ferrari £10m to sign him which probably would be about £30-£40m by today's standards to pay both his salary at £4m and the rest to compensate Williams and Tyrell

Rubens Barrichello was another spun by the dream of Ferrari when everyone again could not believe he was so stupid enough when it was clear during 1999 that Todt and Brawn did not want Irvine to win the title with Schumacher injured so what him believe things will be different

Now coming back to Perez a product of the Ferrari academy... it will not have gone unnoticed that both Hamilton and Vettel are products of youth development programmes at Mclaren and Red Bull

So do not be surprised if Ferrari take this route although they already have with Massa. Luca has been harbouring for Vettel which seems to have cooled after last year

I think there maybe some who want to see Kubica given a run before going for Perez

Jean Alesi's problem was after 1 full season in F1 he suddenly became a wanted man after the big players - Senna, Prost and Mansell

Whoever his manager was ..did not realise the hot water he would land himself in by signing 3 contracts which were all binding Williams, Tyrell and Ferrari

Obviously he went with his head and chose Ferrari when everyone saw Prost " The master politician" manipulated the team into his own away from Mansell

I think thats twisting history a little. Alesi spent 15 races as Prosts team-mate and and 66 races as team leader. His career was not sidelined due to be politically managed by Ferrari but by the fact Ferrari didn't produce a decent car for him to compete in. Not one that didn't break down all the time anyways.

As for the 'lure' of Ferrari at the time Alesi signed they compeating with Mclaren for the WCC and WDC whilst Tyrell were on their way down and Williams looked like a decent drive but not a race winner so it was only logical for Alesi to go for Ferrari - in hindsight if he'd goen to Williams he'd prob have had at least one world title but you can only see that now.

It would be the same situation now as if a young driver was offered a drive with Mclaren, Lotus and Force India - you know which one he's going to take.

Back
Top Bottom