Who might replace Raikkonen and where might he go?

Don't think Bottas will wait for Rosberg or Hamilton to leave Merc because he's wasting his seasons at Williams and going nowhere unless Williams built a much faster car next season

If I was Bottas I'd be thinking I may not get the Merc drive ( see Nick Heidfeld and his value will plummet if he can't beat Massa)

and he would be contesting probably Vettel for one of the seats if he stays as well as any young driver Mercedes want to develop which is probably Esteban Ocon or Wehrlein.

He has to say to himself Williams can only take me so far and I have to take the Ferrari drive if offered based on this season and potentially future in the short term ... not sure if the extra money Williams will get from the constructor position in 2014 will be able to get them closer to the front

Otherwise Bottas will end up like a lot of drivers that were badly managed by Flavio - being in the wrong team at the wrong time of his career .. only exception being Webber and Alonso.

---------------------------------------

As far as Williams still wanting Mercedes engines - they signed a 7 year deal there is no reason to suspect they will end it and Mercedes end it seeing it is a nice revenue stream from a customer. If drivers is an issue then Williams will have to promote Wehrlein (unlikely ) or simply get another established German driver so Hulkenberg and Rosberg should do the trick
----------------------------

Bottas is not in the same situation as Alesi had back in 1990 who had contracts to both teams which were equally competitive. In his case Ferrari are more competitive than Williams now

Lynn is the choice preferred by Williams but how much will they bend over backwards for Mercedes and say put Wehrlien in the car or better still Nico Hulkenberg if Ferrari prefer Bottas

Time is ticking away. The longer there is no news, the more probable it is that Raikkonen will get replaced.

Most likely candidate is Bottas, though I'd rather see Ricciardo move to Ferrari.

Back
Top Bottom