Which Straights will DRS be used @ Silverstone?

landogeorgelewis1

Champion Elect
After watching the Moto-GP re-run of Qualifying now at Silverstone. It did get me thinking as to which two of these three straights would be used for the DRS zone?

You have the new pit straight which is long enough to overtake and use DRS.

The Wellington straight which leads up to the Stadium section.

Or the Hangar straight?

Which two would you like to see DRS at?

BTW - The new pit-lane looks brilliant and the organisers of the British GP should be proud of how the work has come on.

Tricky one this because the pit straight and the hangar both have very fast corners at the end. Last year the Wellington straight had that funny corner at the end where turning in on the brakes meant that there was a lot less action than perhaps there should have been (a bit too higher radius corner perhaps?)

I would go for the hangar and let them DRS through Maggots, Becketts and Chappel if they have the cojones. Seriously though, I would activate before Chappel to get the same effect as Turkey

Silverstone doesn't appear to be a track that the DRS will have a massive impact. There aren't a lot of hard braking areas at the end of long straights and the corners onto the straights are too fast to follow closely. I think the tyre performance will have a far greater impact on the racing quality

BTW - The new pit-lane looks brilliant and the organisers of the British GP should be proud of how the work has come on.

yeah it looks brilliant hopefully Bernie likes it :please:

Silverstone doesn't appear to be a track that the DRS will have a massive impact. There aren't a lot of hard braking areas at the end of long straights and the corners onto the straights are too fast to follow closely. I think the tyre performance will have a far greater impact on the racing quality

yeah it looks brilliant hopefully Bernie likes it :please:

too late silverstone has 20 year contract or something like lol. Brnie don't like it hes screwed

Wellington straight seems to be about 600 metres
Old s/f straight about 400+ 360 from Luffield
Hangar about 770 + 130 from Becketts
New s/f about 500 + 150 from middle of Club right-hander

So I would say Hangar to the question.

Back
Top Bottom