Where to for Mark Webber?

The teams that *may* have a space at the end of the season:
Merc if Schumacher's performance doesn't improve
Lotus renault depending on the performances of Heidfeld (Also is Petrov's contract until the end of this season?)
Williams if Barrichello were to finally hang up his gloves
Any other contracts that finish this year (Apologies not aware of the status beyond ~ the top 6 teams)

On top of this Mark's replacement would have to come from somewhere meaning that there would be one definite space for the straight swap option (or elsewhere after a nice little carousel of drivers). Given RB having been the fastest car for around 2 seasons now and that looking unlikely to change just yet, you would think that they could choose a replacement from just about any team and so a space in a high up team is likely to be created.

In short I can't see there not being a space for Mark somewhere if he is not fussy, but personally I believe in a top 6 team.

Or maybe driving for McLaren after they let Jenson go...

McLaren have offered JB a quite significant contract; there's some nice synergy between him and McLaren! They know he can take a title given the opportunity, they know he's not going to get in Lewis' way! Nice situation!

Kubica doesn't make it back and Heidfeld doesn't do enough to impress?
motivator9ff4e5c1c69956739e4fe482cb8dbd9862b6e8c9.jpg

McLaren have offered JB a quite significant contract; there's some nice synergy between him and McLaren! They know he can take a title given the opportunity, they know he's not going to get in Lewis' way! Nice situation!
So they are quite happy to let them race each other until one seems to be more dominant? Might work for one year - this year?

McLaren have the drivers in place - now we need to see who makes the most of the machinery

It's a promising long term partnership Button and Hamilton, they bring out the best in each other

Well he 'ain't going to get in Lewis' way because Lewis is the quicker driver...

;)

I agree, but there are many team-mates who'd have turned in in China! Jenson's just fast enough that he can pick up podiums and wins but just slow enough that he will rarely beat Lewis in the same car. Perfect David Coulthard Number Two Territory!

It's a promising long term partnership Button and Hamilton, they bring out the best in each other
It is MCLS and they are both racers, albeit of a different kind, but ultimately McLaren will have to call one and two.

I think that would sort itself out over the course of the season either way, McLaren are big enough to give equal oppurtunities to both drivers

Back on thread though - McLaren wouldn't want Mark - they tend not to employ the "older" driver, those at the end of their shelf life - I suspect 'cos they feel they know what they are doing - however sometimes one has to wonder!

It is MCLS and they are both racers, albeit of a different kind, but ultimately McLaren will have to call one and two.

They don't need to! There's a lovely de facto one and two in this partnership! And at the end of the day JB isn't going to cause too much of a stink because he's already a World Champion, but he's been through the bad times too!

This deserves its own thread, we've established MW isn't going to McLaren!

They don't need to! There's a lovely de facto one and two in this partnership! And at the end of the day JB isn't going to cause too much of a stink because he's already a World Champion, but he's been through the bad times too!

This deserves its own thread, we've established MW isn't going to McLaren!

I think you might be underestimating Jenson - he sees himself as a 1 xWDC, as does Lewis

Back
Top Bottom