Television Whats on TV?

DON'T watch The Crown!

1605552814639.png

The problem with docudrama is dipsticks think it's the news, which is also something similar but purported to be the truth whereas a docudrama isn't and says so in the small print.

i think it is 1 of best shows on tv. of course most of it has artistic license because its not like rush where they can sit the royal family down for a detailed interview. so the conversations are made up but actions like aberfan are realistic

but you can get the gist of an episode of how things took place, i liked the 1st episode of series 4 where IRA waited until he released a lobster back into the water, until they blew lord mountbatten to bits

Great news, the second series of Ru Paul's Drag Race UK has started. Gotta love a some TV's on the TV.

Currently watching Ragnarok.

It's in Norwegian, which makes it a little difficult to understand but still enjoying it.

Watched a few episodes of Shadow & Bone?
It's okay but clearly a teen love story in the twilight vein.

I recently did the full 4 series of The Killing (US remake). Worth a watch, although it is dragged out in parts.

Have a look at Army of The Dead (if you like zombie movies), story is thin and it does get a bit sentimental in places, but quite good fun.

i watched this documentary earlier this afternoon, sky documentaries channel is fantastic it just loads fasinating documentaries to watch

i always been interested in cathy freeman as an athlete because i remember watching that & alot of that olympics in morning before i went to junior school. it was my 1st Olympics. but then as you get older i began to realise how massive this was, her being aboriginal & what the meant & the controversy of it. because when your young you just see sport & not all factors around it. but documentary was fasinating find out more about her background & her career, how she came to wear that iconic suit.

how big she really was. when you find out the viewing figures this really did stop the nation makes the mo farah race at london seem like small fry. i believe in a country of 19m at the time 8.8m / 90% tv share watched that 400m final (eqvilant for 32-34m watching in uk). might still be the most watched 1 channel tv event (potentially overall) in Australian history

but that 1 of controversial moments i hadnt realised even to this today was it was 2 horse race & French athlete that had beaten her at the world championships & olympics before. didnt take part & secretly fled the olympic village & them country due to intimidation & threats made to her, 4 years later saying something like The 400m in Sydney was not a race against Cathy Freeman, it was a race against an entire nation, i only prepared for Cathy Freeman.

which of course was wrong, i sure the Australian have apologised to her but i sort of get it because when you are in 2 horse race & the other rival is Australian & not only that but the Australian poster girl at an Australian Olympics. your going to try make her underperform, after all she is the enemy at that point

just seen for UK people the same people have done tv version of podcast they had in september all about alan stanford & its a story about a fraudster/ponzi scheme guy who tried to have a cricket game for 20m. but its more a crime documentary with some incredible revelations. as i dont want to spoilt much as if its as good as the podcast series your in for a treat

temp 1.jpg

We've been watching Frayed, which was advertised as a comedy, but appears to be a documentary about Australians in the 1980's.

ITV are now treating viewers to 2 1/4 hours of news between 6pm and 10:45pm.

That will be a ratings winner

Back
Top Bottom