Television Whats on TV?

Lately I have been watching a fun series on Talking Pictures TV. I wonder how many will admit to seeing it when it was originally broadcast: here is the theme music.

I am aware of Richard Tracy, Richard Turpin, Richard Head and Richard Emery but not Richard Barton secret agent.

You should tune in and watch some if the episodes then you would know what was inflicted on us. 7:45 pm Freeview channel 81 for quarter an hour of fun.

If you can get it - Tin Star is awesome.

Tim Roth stars as an Englishman as a Canadian Police chief, only 4 episodes in but great so far.

Last edited:
Was that music only used for Dick Barton ? It sounds like the kind of stuff used in silent movies.
Anyway it’s fantastic.

I saw the first one and thought the 'awkward middle aged man' shtick was looking tired. Like it was de facto funny just because it was Alan Partridge, not because of the content. But, glad to hear the next ones better cider_and_toast! I'll check it out.

We had a look at the first episode and decided not to bother with it. Trust it to get funnier after that!

I'm liking the new Partridge more than some of the previous series cider_and_toast. The way he turned it round at the end this week had me in stiches still laughing at "....look at me I'm a Catherine wheel (my name is Catherine)" even now.

Yeah, absolutely agree RasputinLives.

I didn't really buy in to some of the older stuff but for some reason thought I'd give this a go and I'm so glad I did.

The tweets at the end were outstanding but the bit that actually had tears rolling down my face was the battle scene.

"The peasants were razzed up on cider and aggression"

LOL

I watched the first two yesterday. The second episode was better and the twitter was outstanding. "Remember of course to use the hashtag Thistime. Or if you prefer, simply hashtag Johngone"

"Oh look, it's the emergency soothing picture of the Yorkshire dales, fortunately there's still a monitor on over here"

And

"I'm a snook cocker"
"I'm sure there's an anagram in there somewhere"

Back
Top Bottom