What will be with 2020 season?

How many Grand Prix will be in the 2020 Formula 1 season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Maybe just maybe the start of the season could be at the A1 ring.
Austria are lifting restrictions on outdoor sports starting from the beginning of May.

F1 to publish “revised 2020 calendar”
2020 F1 calendar
RoundRaceCircuitDateForum
1French Grand PrixPaul RicardJun 26-28Forum
2Austrian Grand PrixRed Bull RingJul 3-5Forum
3British Grand PrixSilverstoneJul 17-19Forum
4Hungarian Grand PrixHungaroringJul 31-Aug 2Forum
5Belgian Grand PrixSpa-FrancorchampsAug 28-30Forum
6Italian Grand PrixMonzaSep 4-6Forum
7Singapore Grand PrixSingaporeSep 18-20Forum
8Russian Grand PrixSochi AutodromSep 25-27Forum
9Japanese Grand PrixSuzukaOct 9-11Forum
10United States Grand PrixCircuit of the AmericasOct 23-25Forum
11Mexican Grand PrixAutodromo Hermanos RodriguezOct 30-Nov 1Forum
12Brazilian Grand PrixInterlagosNov 13-15Forum
15Abu Dhabi Grand PrixYas MarinaNov 27-29Forum
The following races have been cancelled and not yet rescheduled due to the Covid-19 Coronavirus outbreak:
The following races have been cancelled and will not be rescheduled:
  • Australian Grand Prix, Albert Park, Melbourne, March 13th-15th
  • Monaco Grand Prix, Monaco, May 21st-24th

Belgium have said they are banning mass sporting gatherings until at least August 31st, so you can scratch Spa from the list ... :facepalm:

here a thing that Ive literraly just thought of, you know how in my opinion I think that any world championship won this year if it is 8-12 races will be hollow victory because I feel it would always be asterisked. so would this be the best year to do all the ideas liberty media have brought forward. trying a more F2 idea with 2 shorter races, reverse grid race or qualifying races

8 to 12 races were the norm in the 50's and in to the 60's. In the 70's and 80's 15 races a season was common and no one suggested that the Champions in any of those season victories were hollow or undervalued. We have the number of races we have now simply to make more money for the media companies, it doesn't make either championship any more or less valuable than in previous seasons.

I would suggest that both championships have been devalued over the last 20 years with too many races, little competition and awarding an inflated number of points and giving them to too many drivers.

The 2020 season will be what it will be. Let's not try and over think it, after all there have been F1 seasons where the drivers who should have takem the title have died, or been so serioulsy injured that they couldn't complete the season, yet we happily accept the winners who came through.

8 to 12 races were the norm in the 50's and in to the 60's. In the 70's and 80's 15 races a season was common and no one suggested that the Champions in any of those season victories were hollow or undervalued

as i said above, thats because as you say they was 8 - 12 races every year. so makes it of equal value. you cant go 20, 21, 9, 19, 20. say that middle one is worth the same. its a sprint not the marathon

how come FB you are making out this is a new thing. im not devaluing this. if we had continued to have 8 races a season then it would be fine.no every season then had similar amount of races. you cant have for 16yrs prior & 16+ after at 18-21 & say 9 is same value. the champ run in is 8 races in a normal yr from monza to abu Abu Dhabi . theyve been going 6 months at that point

but people have been detracting as long as F1 has been around. the stories ive heard very publicly

nico rosberg won because hamilton had an off year & Mercedes had no competition

his dad only won 1 race all season

Button only won because of double diffuser

Schumacher won because the Ferrari miles better than anyone & teammate wasnt allowed to challenge

Hakkinen won his 2nd because Schumacher was injured

Hill won because williams had no completions & beat a rookie

Schumacher car was illegal in 1994

Fangio because people gave there car up for him

Last edited:
That was sort of my point F1Brits_90. Sorry if I came across as if I was having a go, there is always a reason to suggest a team and/or driver don't deserve a title. I have a feeling we won't see any races this season so we won't probably have to worry about it anyway.

very true FB . I think this is a mute point & might be a lost yr & if we do race it will be experimental races

but im not being horrible on it but i feel there would always be a asterisk on that title. just like if there was 2 or 3 test ashes series, 10 day tour de France, 15 game football season or Wimbledon men playing best of 3. it will always be there & whenever it is said. there will always be a but ......

It's too early to say definitely that the season will not take place.
I don't understand too why, if the season takes place and consists of more than 8 races,
the champion will be "untrue"?
Everyone will be on an equal footing.
It is not the number of races that determines the Champions,
but the rules that apply to all participants

olegg the "champion" would be valid. but it just wouldn't feel the same. titles have the same relevance down the years because they were all of similar lengths in their era

cant go 21 8 21 also we are only just getting into the season by Canada & winning a title is a consistency in a marathon, the mental toil. you just cant have the same up & downs in 8 races because its over before its begun. Rosberg winning over 19 would've meant more than winning over 8.

olegg the "champion" would be valid. but it just wouldn't feel the same. titles have the same relevance down the years because they were all of similar lengths in their era
cant go 21 8 21 also we are only just getting into the season by Canada & winning a title is a consistency in a marathon, the mental toil. you just cant have the same up & downs in 8 races because its over before its begun. Rosberg winning over 19 would've meant more than winning over 8.
And Keke Rosberg became the champion after winning just one race for the season with 15 races.
And Fangio became the champion when was 8 and 9 races for the season.
I.e. in your opinion they are less correct champions than Nico Rosberg?

Back
Top Bottom