What will be with 2020 season?

How many Grand Prix will be in the 2020 Formula 1 season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Race postponements creating congestion on 2020 motorsport calendars
1585997155290.png

these were are couple of interesting quotes from the article

The opening race would need to take place in Europe and be accessible for all 10 teams, with Brawn acknowledging the need for stringent tests & restrictions for those attending to ensure its running.

“Our view is that probably a European start will be favourable, & that could even be a closed event, We could have a very enclosed environment, where teams come in on charters, we channel them into the circuit, we make sure everyone is tested, cleared, there is no risk to anyone & we have a race with no spectators. That's not great, but it's better than no racing at all.”

this sounds positive but that is all good & sounds positive but sorry if ive said this in here before but the biggest hurdle is what eddie hearn from the boxing was saying. on the boxing podcast i listen to. he saying the same thing about all the measures he was going to do that sounded similar but he was told that you do realise that if someone gets injured its extremely likely there wont be space in hospital or medics to treat him & that stopped all his events dead

F1 must hold 8 races across 3 continents for 2020 to count as a world championship. Brawn said the season could start as late as October & still reach the required number. “We could achieve 8 races by starting in October," he said. "So if you wanted a drop-dead point, it would be October. But then there is always the possibility we could run into next year.”

So long as a home can be found for 8 races by October, then we will get a championship this year.

if it was 8 races. I wouldn't want it to count as a championship. because for me it would be hollow championship & i dont want any driver to win his own title like that because it feels like it would count. can you imagine if Lewis had won equalled Schumacher in that manner huge anti climax

Yes you can . If the championship this year is the best of 5, so be it. It’s still a championship, not what we are used to these days. But it will be a short and intense blast of fun.

F1 cancels 2020 deals with camera staff – but that doesn’t mean the season is off
Formula 1’s contracts with its camera operators are understood to involved specific details of who would be required for which races, and when the events would take place. But with nine of the first 22 rounds already postponed or cancelled, their plans already face significant disruption.
Further changes to the calendar are expected. Formula 1’s motorsport director Ross Brawn said earlier this week they hope to hold as many as 19 races, which will involve confirming new dates for several races and potentially moving other rounds.

but for me it all about consistency & being great week in week out 21 races over 9 months. it would be like having a 20 lap race around monaco you cant say that has as much prestige as Riccardo's in 2018 or 6 of senna's

Back
Top Bottom