What Now For Lewis Hamilton?

Sometimes I despair! I mentioned Canada only because it is the next race, not because Lewis does well there - what I was trying to say was that he (Lewis) will do well in the next race, irrespective of venue - sorry to be so pedantic, a few less blinkers would work quite nicely.

I don't think I implied that he should have too much say. The problem as I see it, is that he clearly isn't having enough input in strategic decisions. You'd think that McL would have learnt from the infamous China pit lane DNF when he had been calling for new tyres lap after lap. It's high time they paid some attention. Incidentally, he did not agree about Q3 he as he himself put it "deferred to the engineers".

"There is no I in team" - Management handbooks everywhere.

But what driver does input in strategic decisions? Unless it's a wet race, or changeable conditions? The team knows best (overall). Hm..did he not? I am sure I read that he agreed, oh well I am usually 90 % wrong and 10% right :p

Despite what can be seen as a disaster of a weekend he still managed to bag a good few points and is still 2nd in the Championship! Not bad really....
Last year, Alonso was 47 points off the lead after Silverstone and proclaimed that he could still win the title. How many people laughed at that?
Vettel is currently 58 points ahead of Hamilton. Say Lewis were to win in Canada and Valencia with Sebastien second both times, the gap between them going into Silverstone would be 44 points. I'd say there's still everything to play for, and after a few days to calm down, I'm sure that Lewis will know that, get his head down and fight on.

Hamilton may have had a bad weekend but in no way is it a bad season. As pointed out there's still a long way to go.

I don't see him ever giving up or quiting. He seems to determined to do well and would like to, in the future look back and think 'it wasn't as easy as it could have been but i still didn't quit' or something like that anyway.

Lewis's problem with the stewards stems from the fact that he saw Michael Schumacher coming and had the good sense to avoid an accident at the hairpin. He cannot understand why other drivers don't attempt to avoid accidents, they appear to him to prefer to crash than race and have overtaking in F1.

Michael Schumacher used to deliberately close the door too late and eventually the stewards cottoned on to the fact that he preferred to take people out than be overtaken. They clarified the rules and started penalising drivers who deliberately closed the door, preferring collision to being overtaken. Recently the stewards have reverted to penalising anyone who attempts to overtake and ignores the fact that the guy in front does very often have a choice.

Lewis's problem with the stewards stems from the fact that he saw Michael Schumacher coming and had the good sense to avoid an accident at the hairpin. He cannot understand why other drivers don't attempt to avoid accidents, they appear to him to prefer to crash than race and have overtaking in F1.

Michael Schumacher used to deliberately close the door too late and eventually the stewards cottoned on to the fact that he preferred to take people out than be overtaken. They clarified the rules and started penalising drivers who deliberately closed the door, preferring collision to being overtaken. Recently the stewards have reverted to penalising anyone who attempts to overtake and ignores the fact that the guy in front does very often have a choice.

Snowy, what you have said here is the best and truest thing I've heard all weekend. I think I may right a whole article on this subject at some point in the near future. It is quite frankly a farce!

I don't know if you've seen these 3 pics, but look at them in order and you'll see Massa clearly turns into Hamilton, taking a tighter line than he would normally through that corner if he had no one behind.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/edinfreak/Formula1/Monaco2011/Monaco1.jpg

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/edinfreak/Formula1/Monaco2011/Monaco2.jpg

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/edinfreak/Formula1/Monaco2011/Monaco3.jpg

The Maldonado incident was just a joke, he rammed Hamilton off the track, Lewis was trying to slow down because he knew the move wouldn't work and if Maldonado had just of turned in a little later he would have kept the lead, instead he just rammed Lewis off the circuit.

It seems the only drivers than can race each other closely and not knock each other off the track are Alonso, Webber, Hamilton, Button and Rosberg!

It is strange how different people will interpret evidence differently. It is patently clear that this was a racing incident or rather poor driving on the part of Felipe. Felipe is miles behind Mark and Lewis is already coming alongside. Felipe turns in and is so eager to close the door he catches up with Mark and is about to collide with him. Yet the stewards see Lewis's move as desperate and ill judged and worth penalising. Go figure.

Monaco1.jpg

Monaco2.jpg

Monaco3.jpg

Tranquility's screenshots

Back
Top Bottom