Poll What if Hamilton leaves Mclaren. Where do your loyalties lie?

Where do your loyalties lie?

• Hamilton Joins RedBull. I would support the team but not him.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I will support any team that Lewis may decide to join, and I also believe that KekeTheKing said it best, " if Mclaren let him walk, I wouldn't give them the time of day." The group at Woking aren't completely mad, and will not let Hamlton go, especially the way that he is driving this year.

I'm primary a McLaren fan but they have been testing my patience of late & I definitely feel all is not happy in the camp. I personally rate Lewis very very highly and I'm afraid to say if it was a choice between him & McLaren at the moment, I'd probably move my allegiances with Lewis. I just think he's a very entertaining driver and is good for F1. I'm saying this as a 30+ year supporter of McLaren!

I thought that. Martin's face was like that of a man who was led to a surprise birthday when he thought we was on his way to death row. OK, I'm sensationalising but that was obviously a very big win for Whitmarsh. He talked a lot over the weekend of the realities of the pressure that all team members, himself included, are under to deliver winning results. He looked genuinely relieved.

Being more of a driver supporter than a team supporter, and with lewis being by far my favourite driver at the moment, I'd follow him to any team ...and hope the team would grow on me. I was Williams before Mclaren because of Damon and then Montoya,followed Montoya to McLaren and stayed there with Lewis.

I'm a McLaren fan first and a driver supporter second. That said, I generally get behind/root for any major British success in the sport.

I'm not sure I could stomach Hamilton going to Ferrari though. I even hated it when Mansell drove for them. I just can't stand Ferrari. If I had a million pounds and a choice of cars to buy, a Ferrari would be my last choice. Perhaps it's more to do with the brand than the F1 team... :dunno:

You see Ive also disliked ferrari intensly over the years. (because of the preferential treatment they got, the way they treated their second drivers, the cheating, Jean Todt and Schumacher).I like them better under Domenicalli. But even in my 'intensely disliking' years I would have died for a ferrari road car:heart:A red one or a yellow one:)

If he chose either option, don't think it will affect me either way.

I used to support Ferrari, but stopped in 2008. Not had a team since then (well I did, my second team, BMW, became my first team, but they left :disappointed:) if he went there, it woudn't matter.

Not a fan of Red Bull (I don't dislike them, nor like them)

McLaren I've never liked for many reasons.

Mercedes I kind of like, if he went there, I wouldn't mind, I would still support the team, but not Hamilton.

Lotus I just don't like because of the fiasco last year, I was growing to like them in 2010, but 2011 was just a farce, and I don't like Bouillier, he just seems sneaky, like a warm, or a snake...or something, anyway, I don't like him.

To be honest, quite a pointless reply :s

My best years of watching F1 were when there were no British drivers with even the vaguest chance of winning a race and you could enjoy the sport without any jingoism, huge media build up and all the crap that goes along with ALL British sportsmen and women.

If you only watch a sport because of one person then you're not a fan really. Are you?

If you only ever watch the sport for one person and never followed it before that, then stopped following it when said person left, then Id agree, you're not a true fan of the sport. I love the sport and have done for as long as I can remember, but I tend to find myself supporting one driver above all others. It doesnt mean Im not interested in other things happeneing, can appreciate other drivers and enjoy all aspects of the sport. It would be easier not too have that passionate support for one driver, its intense supporting a driver and makes for nerve racking viewing, but when I didnt have a driver, in my wilderness years, it wasnt so good. Since I really got into it ( I had interest through friends who raced before) and started attending GP's, my drivers have been Damon Hill, partly because of his father; Juan Pablo Montoya, I used to watch Indy car/Cart, loved his style and was delighted when he came to F1, he didnt really disappoint...until he left:(. Then came my wilderness years. It was so bad I supported Alonso! I wanted him to beat Schumacher. I was following Lewis in GP2 during this time and was ecstatic when he came to F1! He also hasnt disappointed....far from it!!
I get more enjoyment from the sport becuse of my support for one driver and I still think I'm a fan.

I have been Mclaren supporter since I started watching and will remain so if Lewis leaves. I still love Kimi and was happy that he got his long due title - even if it was in a Ferrari.

Unlike when I was younger though, a certain team or driver doing well or not no longer spoils watching races as I have a much healthier respect for every team and driver now. It is a bit sweeter if Mclaren or Kimi win though :)

Its like F1 fans who attend races looking down on F1 fans who dont , or technical minded F1 fans claiming they are true fans, or those who say since Hamilton has come along the nature or support has changed

everyone F1 fan gets satisfaction in different ways but its dangerous to start discriminating against any on the grounds of taste

Cookinflatsix I couldn't agree more with your post.Each and everone of us get our enjoyment from F1 in different ways.
I for instance spend most of my time during the race following the fortunes of the midfield teams or rookie drivers.The big stars usually up front have I only have a passing interest.

Hamilton, Rosberg and Williams mainly. McLaren test my patience and I don't think I'd remain loyal - I have my Williams merchandise and it's their keyring on my chain!

I can't control who I like or don't like, it just kinda happens based on who gives me the most enjoyment I think - I find myself willing on the Sauber pair to do well at the moment and Raikkonen

But even in my 'intensely disliking' years I would have died for a ferrari road car:heart:A red one or a yellow one:)
I like to have won one too as a prize for something. Then I could have sold it, bought a Porsche and put the balance in the bank!

Back
Top Bottom