What are we going to do about Felipe?

Maybe Crofty WAS that anonymous texter from CTA who texted during one of the belgian GP practice sessions.
He registers here, then sends himself texts on behalf of CTA about questions he already knows the answer to having learnt them from members here and hey presto! comes across as real competent. Mystery solved. :goodday:

Maybe Crofty WAS that anonymous texter from CTA who texted during one of the belgian GP practice sessions.
He registers here, then sends himself texts on behalf of CTA about questions he already knows the answer to having learnt them from members here and hey presto! comes across as real competent. Mystery solved. :goodday:

Damn I've been rumbled. How did you ever know?

If after today's performance they're not on the phone to Perez I could only conclude they don't want anybody that could possibly challenge Alonso as numero uno.

Hopefully the correct thread this time....

You can rule Perez out.
di Montezemelo has said it is still too early for him to go to Ferrari next year.

Was Massa's performance really that impressive though?
Monza is a very atypical circuit and the Ferrari was definitely as competitive as the McLaren there. Apparently Alonso's floor got badly damaged during the Vettel incident so the car was definitely quick there. Yet Massa would still have finished behind both McLarens without JB's problem.

Hopefully the correct thread this time....

You can rule Perez out.
di Montezemelo has said it is still too early for him to go to Ferrari next year.

Second time he's said that and it is pretty silly when you think Sergio will be 23 before the start of next season and Massa was 24 when he made his debut for Ferrari. I guess that one year makes all the difference.

Or of course they have a deal with Vettel and don't want to bring Perez in for a year in case he's awesome and they look silly giving him the push at the end of one season.

If they are saying no to Perez then Massa has to be favourite to stay or the Schumi option at the long shot - why on earth would they turn down Perez for a Hulkenberg or Di Resta? Wouldn't make sense. They're looking for a one year stop gap or they're sticking with what they have.

There are rumours that Vettel has signed a preliminary deal for 2014 but of course we'll never know until then.

I agree though, it looks like they're just going to fill the gap for a year.

RasputinLives Massa did have one full season as a Ferrari test driver and three full seasons as a race driver before joining Ferrari plus without the testing ban then, he would have driven a lot more before joining Ferrari than Perez would have by 2013.

Anyway, I remember di Montezemolo saying in 2008 that Alonso wouldn't be joining Ferrari and that they wanted an equal driver pairing, and we all know how that turned out so I wouldn't quite rule out Perez just yet.

Poor old Massa. I really thought Monza might have been his first podium in quite some time. Unluckily he just has never fully recaptured his magic has he?

As for next year RasputinLives makes a great point, they can't really take Perez on and then turf him when Vettel comes along (at least not without looking silly). But, Ferrari are Ferrari and will do what they want I guess.

If I was in charge and couldn't have Vettel now, I would want Perez even if it is for one year. The Constructors championship is where the team get their winnings from. It's great having a championship winner in Alonso but the team doesn't get a single penny from that title. They want a WDC (much like McLaren) and the best way to do that is to have two drivers who consistently score points.

It doesn't help that when he does finally find himself in a podium position he has to relinquish it to Alonso. At least it was more subtle this time...

Hahaha! That was unfortunate. Hopefully he can find a new drive in F1 if Ferrari do let him go. He seems like such a nice guy who deserves to be in F1.

I think Massa is going to renew with Ferrari sooner or later. There are interests that go beyond the quality of a driver. Ferrari is just trying to get the best deal and knowing they have the upper hand, they playing the waiting game.

Kovi in the red car for a year would be interesting. I'd be excited to see what he could do. Was test driver at Renault when Fernando was there so sure he'd fall in line but would prob be far more consistant than Massa.

The interesting comment in that piece is that Alonso would apparently feel threatened by Pérez: "feelings coming out of Maranello are that Alonso may see Sergio Pérez as too much of a threat".

For a driver who is pretty much at the top of his game and has been in the top 3 for many years, that's interesting.

Does this mean the stories about Vettel and his alledged pre-contract agreement for 2014 is actually a pile of old tosh from BBC "insiders" then?

I'm not familiar with GP Update, does anybody on here know whether they normally are a worthy source?

OK but assuming this is true, surely at this moment in time Alonso would feel more threatened by the prospect of Vettel joining in 2014 than Perez next year, so are all stories of Vettel eventually joining completely untrue then?

I also seem to remember during a while ago the alleged talks of Button joining (denied by Jenson though) reports that the main sticking point was that Button would only consider a two year contract, whereas the Scuderia would only offer the one-year deal?
Was this with a view of then making way for Vettel the following year?

Well who knows. Pure speculation but then again that is what we usually have to go on anyway until someone actually signs something.

Back
Top Bottom