Le Mans WEC 2018/19 Super Season

Quite surprised at the pace of privateer LMP1 they are just as competive or even arguably more because leading privateer only 9 tenths off No2 toyota & 2.3 off pole. Ive seen years where ive seen manufactures 3 or 4 seconds off

There's a lot of detail still to be worked out. Getting costs low enough to be aligned with DPI in the US would be challenging if you're not going to use a spec chassis. There's a question mark over whether GM (Cadillac), Mazda and Acura (Honda) would actually be interested in a world championship anyway - they'd probably prefer to do Le Mans only if they could.

Even without the Americans these regs could attract interest from McLaren, BMW, VAG and others by the sounds of it.

I shall write a review in the next day or two but I get the feeling it was one of the most incident free Le Mans races for many a year. Oh, and the winning LMP2 car from G Drive has been disqualified for having something it shouldn't have had in the refuelling rig and two of the Fords didn't manage to give all their drivers the right amount of time behind the wheel (each driver should do a minimum of 6 hours) so have had time penalties.

Ford heads post-race Le Mans minimum driving time penalty list

45 minutes too few is a pretty big amount of time to forget to use. You could almost forgive a few minutes here and there but 3/4 of an hour is a proper cock up.

I'm down there somewhere

35497180_1880869525302826_3496249150134026240_o.jpg

I was invited to the ELMS 4 hours yesterday by the Nielsen Ecurrie Ecosse team who finished 2nd in their LPM3 car. Good day, shame the tickets wouldn't get me back in for the race today :(

I'm afraid my "conspiracy gland" has gone a bit wild. Car 7 was running away with the race, carrying a 20 second lead. It comes in to the pits, for some unknown reason the team put a new back end and rear wing on and low and behold the car is slower allowing car 8 to run home for the win. Come on Toyota, be honest about which car you want to win rather than playing games and pretending there are problems.

Back
Top Bottom