War of Words Continues...

Boyle

Race Winner
Contributor
So, it appears that HRT's Narain Karthikeyan is refusing to be pushed around by reigning world champions Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull. And good on him too, although he may have chosen not to use the words 'cry baby'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17550940

Of course, this stems from Vettel's comment calling Karthikeyan an idiot for causing the collision which cost him 4th place, an incident which Narain took a partial blame for. He explained afterwards that he was on the marbles and couldn't do anything other than keep the car straight while Seb seemed to slightly cut across him to retake his line.

Vettel's comments were a heat of the moment thing in which his frustration bubbled over, but if things don't continue going his way might we see more of the double world champion losing his cool?

Hopefully, this is put to bed as soon as possible with an acknowledgement of this being a racing incident by both parties - but is that Red Bull's style?

Vettel/Hamilton seem to be cut from the same cloth. Its all fine when they have a fast car but when the cars not so quick...they just cant cope with it.

LH pressed the self destruct button last season and Vettel seems to be going down the exact same route this year. :o Never saw that one coming

Vettel/Hamilton seem to be cut from the same cloth. Its all fine when they have a fast car but when the cars not so quick...they just cant cope with it.

LH pressed the self destruct button last season and Vettel seems to be going down the exact same route this year. :o Never saw that one coming

To an extent. Although we have seen that from Alonso in the past too. I don't think that it is all so much about having a fast car either, more when things just aren't going right for you. We have seen all three of them get very upset when they have been winning and a team decision goes the wrong way or some external factor gets in the way of a victory. Alonso has been much the same in the past, Lewis looks like he is beginning to learn from his experiences and is maturing, Vettel is still a bit green and is yet to hit earth with a bang. When he does, the measure of him will be how he picks himself back up again. I'm sure he'll be alright and that a bit of pain won't do him any harm in the long run.

Lewis had by far his worst F1 car in 2009 and as far as remember he just dug deap and hauled the car up. Im not saying he hasnt made foolhardy comments because he has. But Ive not seen him act vindictively to another driver,(even Massa last year, he tried to talk to him). Vettel was also acted as he did Sunday when he crashed into his team mate...with the loony sign gesture.

Yet another thread spoilt by the Hamilton fans. Leave it alone, this has nothing to do with him FFS!!!!

On to the thread title, Narain seems to be the one coming out of this with some dignity..

I think you will find that this one was spoilt by the opposite of a Hamilton fan.

The amount of hyperbole being thrown around these days is somewhat disconcerting.

Talk about an over-exaggeration on both counts. :rolleyes:

Completely disregarding my point and responding in an insulting, albeit provocative manner is somewhat condescending. Feel free to disagree with my post but at least offer something back in a way of a a sound response rather then brushing it off in an arrogant, patronizing way

Feel free to disagree with my post but at least offer something back in a way of a a sound response

It's beyond ludicrous to make a sweeping generalization about Vettel's season after two races, especially when he finished P2 in one of them. And the notion that Hamilton "pressed the self destruct button" in a season where the WDC was out of reach and he was constantly pushing for race wins isn't even worthy of reply.

Woo hooo go Narain go, go Narain.

Bout time a backmarker stood up for the little guys. It can't be easy for them fighting against their teammate or the next slowest team and keep an eye on front running guys to come through. Maybe the like of Vettel and (to some extent a driver who i follow) Hamilton need to realize that these guys too are there to do a job and get the best result for their teams. The likes of Button, Webber and Alonso have had spells in backmarker cars but these two haven't and maybe this is why they've got the attitude their have towards backmarkers.

It's beyond ludicrous to make a sweeping generalization about Vettel's season after two races, especially when he finished P2 in one of them. And the notion that Hamilton "pressed the self destruct button" in a season where the WDC was out of reach and he was constantly pushing for race wins isn't even worthy of reply.

Read in between the lines. I said Vettel 'seems' to be going down the same route . Hamilton had a torrid season by his standards..he admitted it himself so you're argument is pretty pointless.

We seem to have got mixed up in our own war of words.

Simple one to solve.

OnTheLimit: Lewis blew up like an atom bomb and now Seb is doing the same
Keke:. This is sensationalist
OnTheLimit: Who are you calling a sensationalist?
Keke: Well you of course
OnTheLimit: Well I didn't mean that, this is what I meant.

ExtremeNinja: Ah, now I see the confusion. All is well, I'm off to the pub.

What a coincidence. i'm just knocking back a Scrumpy Jack! :cheers:

Oh, nearly forgot ... I thought Narains comments were perfectly reasonable. Faster blokes really should give more latitude and space for the back markers in adverse conditions. Might have been a different issue in the dry but it wasn't.

Maybe someone could start a thread on the issue of 'backmarker passing' as it is an interesting issue, and one which this incident seems to have exposed in terms of who is right and wrong - i.e. should the backmarker, if racing another car directly, move out of the way at all costs and therefore compromise his race, or is the lapping driver right in expecting the lapped car to move out of the way when the blue flags are waved.

I know some on this forum don't even like the blue flag rule and would prefer to see a forced pass, like it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom