Vettel to leave Red Bull?

Shogun

Rookie
This past week Ive heard 2 rumors about Vettel leaving Red Bull. One was that he was going to McLaren and the other that he was going to Mercedes. Think theres any truth to either one of them?

At this point, I certainly wouldnt blaming him for wanting to switch to Mercedes. Not to mention the aspect of a German driver in a German car with a German engine.
The Renault power unit hasnt been very impressive this season and it seems like the Red Bull garage is firmly behind Ricciardo.
I, for one, cant see him going to McLaren. With their switch to Honda power units next season, its a wildcard. Maybe the Hondas will be great and maybe they wont be. As much as I love Honda, I feel like its going to take them at least a year or 2 to figure it all out.

Last edited:
The only opening that I can see in a team that Vettel would want to go to is if Williams decided that Massa is not up to scratch.

Vettel to Mercedes is an interesting one but with Nico on a long term contract and Lewis in advanced talks on a contract extension one of them would have to decide jump ship to make space for him and would either want to leave given Mercedes have such a dominate car in this new Formula?. Hamilton going back to Mclaren in not impossible but, I think, unlikely for 2015.

Perhaps if Fernando gets fed up with Ferrari Vettel could end up there?

Would anyone really want to move to the current Ferrari? Since they are saying that they have to more or less totally rebuild their team next season seems unlikely to be much better, maybe as a long term bet for a young driver.

No he will not leave at the end of this year and I feel he and Renault will up their game next year : But if Adrian Newey is not designing the Red Bull will it be as good as the Merc, the Williams etc....

I do see him moving at the end of 2015 if he has been beaten again by DR and if the car is only giving him 4th and 5th places - by then McLaren will be a known force ( or lack of it) Alonso will have itchy feet and maybe Lewis and Nico will have fallen out big style.

2015 is the year for musical chairs for all of them as I see it.... But then my crystal ball is notoriously flawed :)

Lauda has quashed the rumours that Vettel will replace Hamilton despite what happened in Hungary

- clearly all the speculation which seems to have come from the German media is an attempt to destabilise Hamilton and try get the "real" German driver into the the German team
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/9401833?

As for joining Mclaren - unless he is prepared to accept that he may not have a winning car then why would he want to do it plus his teammate could be Kevin Magnussen or Vandorn so he is up against guys from the Mclaren development programme who would show no fear

or he could have Alonso as his teammate which I am sure is going to create fireworks

Last edited:
Tuscan1969 Would Red Bull consider hiring Pat Fry since it appears he will be sacked from Ferrari as part of their bloodshed

Pat has plenty of experience from Mclaren so might help ease Vettel's fears about Newey going

Lauda has quashed the rumours that Vettel will replace Hamilton despite what happened in Hungary

- clearly all the speculation which seems to have come from the German media is an attempt to destabilise Hamilton and try get the "real" German driver into the the German team
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/9401833?

As for joining Mclaren - unless he is prepared to accept that he may not have a winning car then why would he want to do it plus his teammate could be Kevin Magnussen or Vandorn so he is up against guys from the Mclaren development programme who would show no fear

or he could have Alonso as his teammate which I am sure is going to create fireworks
Do you think Lauda would admit it even if it were true? Its not like he is going to say, "Yes, this is a German team and we want German drivers, so at the end of this season, we hope that Lewis will be out and Vettel will be in."

Last edited:
Would anyone really want to move to the current Ferrari? Since they are saying that they have to more or less totally rebuild their team next season seems unlikely to be much better, maybe as a long term bet for a young driver.
Unless Ferrari was always your dream drive, I cant imagine anyone who would want to jump into the dumpster fire that is Ferrari right now.

If Ferarri have rebuilt their team as well as they rebuilt this seasons car, I suspect they may as well call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom