Current Valtteri Bottas

RasputinLives

Doesn't look a bit like Jesus
Contributor
Let me redefine nice guy then. Senna was a good bloke with charity etc etc but he also took out Alain Prost fir a title win with no regard for if he got hurt which equals not nice guy on the track. Most champiins have that ruthless streak. I kinda wonder if Bottas has.

Mika I'll take although he made sure he was always favoured ovee DC. Damon Hill?

Jen

Here be dragons.
Contributor
They are all arseholes on track and nice guys off track - even Montoya, met him once and he was a pussycat.

The nature of the game is competition and that breeds determination, and sometimes aggression. The trick is to channel that drive and produce optimum results rather than be a complete and immature dick! :)

RasputinLives

Contributor
He might now win races or championships this year but I think Bottas is a shoe in for the "Driver who's girlfriend is on camera most" award. I think I've seen more of her smiling and waving in the garage in the four sessions we've had so far. FOM do seem to love her, maybe she should negociated for a share of the TV money.

Having said that as she is a sporting star star in her own right rather than the usual model/wag and as she's very pleasent on the eye I'm not going to complain. Actually as a swimmer she might be quite useful advisor in quali right now.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Great drive - theory is that driving well in the wet is an indicator of a great driver. Let's see if that holds true for Valtteri.

RasputinLives

Contributor
Nice one Valteri I always knew you had it in you. He did spend a year as test driver last year and not racing so maybe its taken him a little while to sharpen up again. Not sure he'll hold the spot in the dry but his target has to be a points finish.

So cue lots of shots of Bottas GF in the garage smiling with headphones on during race coverage (Unless Jennifer Lawrence is there in which case she wins the A list hottie to have pointless TV shots of award).

Bleu

Points Scorer
His girlfriend is quite rarely in the races due to her own career. She was in Monaco and also in Melbourne where she "co-incidentally" had her own training camp just before F1 was there.

Fenderman

Rooters Reporter
... nevertheless, they (and she) must be somewhat of a distraction. Perhaps she should become his Pussycat Doll so that she can share the blame for any Bottas poor performances. :D

RasputinLives

Contributor
Seems to me he's been driving a shopping trolly all year.

We did see a flash of it in quali at Canada and beating Maldo should not be under estimated but yes I have to say I expected more from a guy with a lot of potential.

no-FIAt-please

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
A bit harsh I think.

Bottas has shown potential. He's been the better Williams driver this season, qualifying ahead more often than not and the same in races. Admittedly Maldonado has the single point that separates Williams from Caterham and Marussia, but that's just one race. Don't forget he is a rookie, against a guy in his 3rd season of F1.

Nearly forgot to mention that qualifying performance in Montreal!

Tied with Bianchi for best rookie IMO.

Top Bottom