Current Valtteri Bottas

Mephistopheles

Banned
Contributor
A single point who would have ever of thought it of Williams, way to go Frank..:thumbsup: Anyone who know anything about the history of the Williams team would know that Frank brought this upon himself, the rot set in when he sacked Damon and because of that Newey left and so did Renault, not your wisest decision mate treating drivers as a plug in fitting and now ironically you have to rely on their cash just to survive, I have no sympathy for you or your team....

Last edited:

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
Bottas out qualified Pastor again in India and their was an interesting debate between Brundle and Crofty on how good he's been this season.

Conclusion seems to be that he's been a lot better than the Williams car has been making him look but not as amazing as the hype made out he would be.

We all know I was a fan and I think he's done a pretty decent job under bad conditions this year. I am a little dissapointed we've seen him on better form come race day I have to say.

RasputinLives

Contributor
Firstly Jen swearing is not very lady like and secondly you know what I mean so uncalled for.

Canada was in the wet and left many of the doubters saying he lucked in with the weather. Constant quick times and sectors on a dry track shows unarguabley the boy is quick.

Jen

Here be dragons.
Contributor
RasputinLives, I've never claimed to be a lady :) and am not quite sure that i knew what you meant, an assumption too far perhaps.

Yes, the guy is speedy; but so are the others (on the whole) - all are faster than the average johnny though. That is why we are led to believe that there are only 22 worthy to be on the grid.

You, I and anyone who follows F1 know that to be bollocks (there I've done it again!).

However, I do believe that he is suitably skilled and should be driving in F1 (and a 'nice lad', as if that makes any difference) - one of the few that should be there by right because he is capable.

Last edited:

Fenderman

Rooters Reporter
Valteri is one of the few of the new crop who actually has a decent record in feeder series. Like any other driver he needs a car he can shine in and show us what he's got. re-read the OP for a reminder. Meanwhile check out his stat's (If you want a laff compare them with some of the other blokes like Perez and Chilton): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valtteri_Bottas

Reactions: Jen

Fenderman

Rooters Reporter
Disappointed in Bottas today. His race-craft in the first third of the race was strange to say the least. Being a lap down by the time he collided with Hamilton was pretty poor. Hopefully, it was just some kind end of season aberration. Maybe I put a jinx on him with my praise in an earlier post!

RasputinLives

Contributor
Ermmm. Lewis didn't even see Bottas was there and turned on to his line. You watch Bottas held his position the whole time.

He had the faster car and the DRS boost. He can't just be expected to hang back behind him and ruin his own race. He took an outside line and held it. He wasn't just stupidly throwing it up the inside in a gap that was always going to dissapear.

Lewis made an error and didn't watch for him. It wasn't out of malice or stupidity it was just an error. All drivers make em.

How you can blame Bottas for that I don't know. Is my view, was Brundles view and was the stewards view.

Now you can debate over the matter on whether a lapped driver should get DRS or not. That is a stupid rule but with the current rules Bottas did things as correct as he could.

Sorry guys but I think you're looking for someone else to blame on this one.

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
If you want to blame anyone for the incident, blame the Merc team for not telling Lewis how much quicker Bottas was than him at that point!

Top Bottom