Current Valtteri Bottas

RasputinLives

Doesn't look a bit like Jesus
Contributor
I don't even think he has that many sponsors. He won GP3 and then out classed the race drivers in every Friday P1 session he was in for 2012 so I do think he's earned the place.

Would love to see what he could do with an above average car.

RasputinLives

Contributor

Fenderman

Rooters Reporter
I'll shush too ... well after saying something I will. The guy has plenty of promise and he's quick enough. A little improvement in race-craft wouldn't go amiss. Okay he only made one* but no excusing rookie errors this season.

*That's according to me, that is. If I recall I was in a minority.:whistle:

Mephistopheles

Banned
Contributor
He shouldn't be, he was the only driver that did a significant amount of overtaking and his mistake didn't involve or take out another driver he has nothing to reproach himself for...

Edit

That post had nothing to do with Jenson ****ing Button by the way just in case someone thought I was pleased that Bottas had an accident causing a safety car giving Button four places, in the race, I'm just saying this because I know how these things can be misconstrued when I post...

Last edited:

RasputinLives

Contributor
Well done on a well earned first podium for Bottas.

He is now officially Finlands leading F1 driver in 2014

Il_leone

Champion Elect
quality drive and appears to justify his faith by Williams - what is his contract situation because I would think one of either Ferrari, Mclaren or Mercedes would consider high on their shopping list possibly

RasputinLives

Contributor
So no one has had anything to say about Bottas for over 12 months.

Would he have won the British GP on Sunday if he'd been the leading Williams? Probably not but I think it would have been closer.

Last edited:

RasputinLives

Contributor
To me Williams should have split their strategy and pitted Bottas early at the same time as Ferrari pitted. He'd had clean air and been able to use his pace and would probably got track position.

They were never going to beat Mercedes by just following their strategy. Then again maybe that was the idea.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
RasputinLives It seems Williams are very conservative with their strategy but I do feel it was an opportunity wasted yet again but Valteri needs to move for his own career

He's got limited opportunities at Williams to do well and he's already a few heated discussions about team orders and because of it Williams are very reluctant to impose any again

RasputinLives

Contributor
Bottas, who I've championed for a very long time, needs to concentrate on making sure he gets the best of Massa 9 weekends out of 10 before he thinks about his 'future career'. Its noticably close and he should be besting him more often and by a larger margin if he wants to start being thought of as one of the big boys.

Top Bottom