US GP Site Announcement

Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 14.15.47.png

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96681

Very relieved to hear that McCombs/Epstein (and others?) came to their senses. This always seemed such a simple solution. Let's just hope the circuit construction doesn't come down to the wire as well.

:)

I am pleased to hear that finally the COTA team have seen sense.
I can't see any problems in completing the track well in time as a great deal of the time consuming grading works have been done.

Apparantly the Circuit of the Americas will be ready three months before the Grand Prix, what odds can I get that it's completed in the week of the race with no prior lower formula races except on the GP weekend.

Apparantly the Circuit of the Americas will be ready three months before the Grand Prix, what odds can I get that it's completed in the week of the race with no prior lower formula races except on the GP weekend.
Let's hope not, the other formula races do more than just rubber in the track, they can also highlight other problems. My vote would be that you can't host a GP unless you've had a full season of operation.

Hi Guys, I haven't posted very much, but I read the page regularly. I visited the Austin site last week and studied a construction schedule that I had been given by "persons unknown." I have written an article in a local Texas web pub that summarizes my opinion of the construction status. We also talked to the principal players involved in the effort and have included their comments. I hope you guys don't mind if I share the link. I'm am unashamedly trying to draw traffic to my article, but I sincerely believe that there is info provided here that has not been digested by the international press.

Thanks for the fish!

http://austin.culturemap.com/newsde...uction-way-behind-schedule-can-they-catch-up/

Great article.I can't see them making it as their promised flagship event.They are way way behind and must ramp up the construction in all areas.The entire site development work not only the pits, paddock,medical centre but car parks service roads and everywhere.To my eyes this is the most telling and inane comment from Epstein.
"Bobby Epstein, the founding partner of Circuit of the Americas disagrees. CultureMap spoke to him by phone late this afternoon. "It's not so much a matter of whether the circuit will be completed," he said, "it will be completed. It's really about how
much it will cost if we need to accelerate the construction in order to finish."
Of course they need to accelerate the entire project irrespective of cost.They don't have time to "nickel and dime it".
The decision to work 24/7 should have been made and implemented now.Not in one or two months time.

Let's hope not, the other formula races do more than just rubber in the track, they can also highlight other problems. My vote would be that you can't host a GP unless you've had a full season of operation.

That is infact a rule in the FIA rule book, however FOM lean on them and tell them how much it would cost and they give in.

Looking good, I was always unsure of this track what with all the local funding issues and the talk of New York New Jersey, but looks like we in for a decent track with the previous discussions of elevation changes. Must admit though, they are cutting it fine, assume as a Project Manager, they are still on their critical path and risk mitigation is being managed well?

Yeah... whatever that means...
They want to (and think they are going to) finish the circuit by September - plenty of time for the f1 race then.

Looking good, I was always unsure of this track what with all the local funding issues and the talk of New York New Jersey, but looks like we in for a decent track with the previous discussions of elevation changes. Must admit though, they are cutting it fine, assume as a Project Manager, they are still on their critical path and risk mitigation is being managed well?
I can just imagine the "projectspeak" flying around the site meetings and press conferences.

Back
Top Bottom